1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Rebooting while my spouse is out of country

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Cheater, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Cheater

Cheater New Fapstronaut

Hi Every one,

Took this challenge of rebooting while my spouse is in asia for 3 months. Now 10 days completed, hoping to be on track till my spouse is back

Had addiction more than a decade now.coping to get out of it.

2. thomasnl

thomasnl Fapstronaut

Best of luck to you!

3. Cheater

Cheater New Fapstronaut

Failed after 25 days -- Have read almost 6 different books in a short period, But the daemon came back when I used my personal laptop Restarting from today hope to hit 60 days in hard mode. Feel Ashamed why the crap did I do it.

4. thomasnl

thomasnl Fapstronaut

@Cheater Shame is destructive, I don't know if you're a Christian, but shame is not from God; it drives you away, while you should be running to Him.
    I know daemons are real, but don't give them any more credit than they deserve! They cannot live in a body with Christ.
    Quoting Matthew 12:43-45
    “When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation.”
    What I read in these verses is that if an evil spirit is cast out, you better fill it with the Holy Spirit, for no other spirit that would come in expect Him has good intentions.

A second suggestion, (wo)man was made to connect with other people. If you've stayed in and haven't visited (much) friends, you'll long for connection and will eventually fall back in your old patterns. People need each other!

Also, try to visit nofap whenever you feel urges, better sooner than later. hit the panic button if you need to, write in your log, read some success stories. A lot of people stop visiting nofap days before their relapse, this should be a red flag.

Cast off the cloak of shame and take on the garment of hope! I wish you the best!

Cheater likes this.
  5. Cheater

Cheater New Fapstronaut

Now Back for another streak thanks for your time and your Positive note. I do visit NoFap regularly but seems to find one post triggered my mind on success stories and the liberty of using a personal laptop. again Shut my personal laptop and using work machine which provides me more control of feeling ethically as I might get fired on any wrongdoings.

And other thing that keeps me attached to this stuff was its done secretly. I don't drink,Smoke or have any other acts cos my Wife hates all (She might hate me more if she knows what i'm hiding). Will definitively triumph this journey and provide more time to my family.

6. thomasnl

thomasnl Fapstronaut

@Cheater I don't know what "other acts" mean, but I assume you mean detrimental things, like gambling or addictions. I really hope your wife only dislikes those things, and not hate you. Because than you might have another problem; both you and your wife should have the liberty to tell what bugs you and which freedom you need. I for one need to visit my friends regularly, say at least twice a month. If she would disallow me such a reasonable request then the problem is not with me visiting my friends, it's either she keeps my leash too short (she shouldn't have leach to begin with) or she has a problem with one or some of my friends, in which case she should discuss my friends with me, not me visiting them.
    I suggest you install some accountability filter on your computer, try K9 Web Protection or Covenant Eyes. It will work even better if you have an accountability partner that will check on your well being.