1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Recently Lost A Bunch of Friends

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by sih, Mar 19, 2016.

1. sih

sih Fapstronaut

In the last six months (only 2 months since I've been with NoFap) I have lost so many friends. I do live abroad in China, so it's going to be difficult, but the friends I did have don't respond to me anymore. I have one good friend in particular who has totally shut me out. The only thing I know was that we hung out alot, then I had to take a four month course for work. I told him this, but after, he shut me out. I like to think I'm strong, but this hurts. I also recently failed to get this new job I really wanted. I have so much to be thankful for, but this really sucks right now. Thanks for listening.

2. Greatness

Greatness Fapstronaut

Friends who don't support you for who you are and for what you are doing don't deserve to be in your life. Focus on your goals and the right people will follow your path. Stay strong brother.

sih likes this.
  3. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

How old are you? I am just asking because at some point I realized there are many people who enter our lives and leave again later.

Did your friends give you anything that was actually helping you to achieve your goals? Or did you 'just' hang out with them? The latter is important, of course, but if these people leave your life for a reason you might not understand yet, you should just remember the good times and move on nevertheless. Friends shouldn't make you feel unwanted.

sih and JoeinMD like this.
  4. r8js

r8js Fapstronaut

unfortunatlly. i also lost lots of friends including male and female because of lack of communication social unawerness. PMO was biggest reason for it. i was not able to connect them becuase PMO was only on my mind .

this is really sad.

5. Greatness

Greatness Fapstronaut

a similar kinda thing happened to me once. i lost my girlfriend.. u gotta keep looking forward and change for the better bro.

sih likes this.
  6. sih

sih Fapstronaut

Thank you Greatness.

7. sih

sih Fapstronaut

Hi Qwertynator. Well over 30, and not really helping me towards my goals, but more like company in a lonely country.

8. freedom457

freedom457 Fapstronaut

'one good friend in particular who has totally shut me out', he wasn't a friend then, don't bother contacting him again, you'll find some real friends, if he was just a 'good friend' then he probably wasn't that much of a friend, friends I trust and like I call brothers and I have their back anyday, not good friends lol.

sih likes this.
  9. sih

sih Fapstronaut

Yeah, there was also pmo during this time which also cut me off. Coming out of it made me want human contact again, both good and bad, anything but lonliness.

10. AlexisTheGreat3161

AlexisTheGreat3161 Fapstronaut

thats 100% true I'm 19, just graduated from high school on to college and I've learned so much about that. Most of my "Friends" in high school we all lost contact. Ive met tons of new friends and lost some.

11. sih

sih Fapstronaut

Thanks man.

12. Kennen

Kennen Fapstronaut

They are not your friends..
    They were just pretending to be your friends.

13. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

I know asian people tend to live in circle of acquaintances. It is kinda harder to bear than Western people. Because it is all about community, it is so easy to brainwash people. You gotta join them or you would be kicked out and judged by society.

Remember: everyone is your friend, but nobody is your friend.
    I used to have many friends. But now I'm a loner, still have few friends though. Things move on. They're gonna get married, have kids, do stuffs for living...and on and on.... Soon they will forget me, forget who i am, forget the time we were together. Positive emotions won't last forever. The party will always come to an end.

Love is in your heart my friend. Forgive yourself and you can forgive others.

Btw if you are a Buddhist or Christian or a faithful person, pray, pray for everything, for your family, for your friends, for you ... For this world

sih likes this.
  14. When I was in high school I thought friends were on my side. Boy was I wrong, I had heaps of "friends" but the truth was when things would get difficult in there life or mine they didn't show much care..Now a bit older turning 27 in a week I literally have one friend I hang out with the other one is married and we rarely see each other. Besides that I know a few faces at my gym and talk to some of my old co workers, but this week I decided Im cutting everyone out of my life who isn't positive or contributing to my goals. I used to talk to one co worker friend, tell them all these ideas plans and struggles I have but they just kind of nod of and talk about some
    Situation that happend at the bar.
    My whole thing now is I would love to find some positive friends a mentor perhaps but the problem is my thinking is all more towards self improvement because I want to be a better person but
    Most people just talk about the lastest gossip and how they can consume more and just mindless talk.
    Don't worry about it, be strong.
    The right people will come along or you will see people that you want to spend time with.
    "Some friends are in your life for a reason other people in your life are only for a season."
    Your gonna make it, were all gonna make it.
    Dayonehundredandfifteen Stay Strong

Greatness and sih like this.
  15. sih

sih Fapstronaut

This is really powerful. Thank you. Have had the urge to 'relapse' and call some of them. Two I have reached out to, and one of them, we really had an awesome afternoon today.
    I hear you, stay strong. I need to focus on career advancement, and getting a new job in a new city. Playtime is over, I need to make professional contacts, and true personal ones. I am into believing, prayer, and changing my situation. I still can't believe I didn't get that job, something better has to come along. Thanks Day 115. God Bless to you.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  16. Physicist

Physicist Fapstronaut

there is some truth to the fact that if you always have the same friends, you have never really gone anywhere new.

17. sih

sih Fapstronaut

Yeah, I have really let it go. I have done all I can, and wish them the best.

Greatness likes this.