1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Recommend a calendar of healthy food for a 14 year old

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by Mr Habits!, Jun 1, 2022.

1. Mr Habits!

Mr Habits! Fapstronaut

PMO is gone. Now, I want to eat healthier than before, but I can’t choose a wide range of recipes because I don’t have a lot of cooking skills or knowledge, and I don’t have the time to learn so fast. If you know a healthy and easy diet that can be repeated every week ( a 7 day recipe calendar)I would be very happy. Everything is appreciated, so please comment something that can help me. Anyways, thanks for reading and have a nice day!

2. Imperator Tartarus

Imperator Tartarus Fapstronaut

Hey, Friend. Without getting into overt detail of macro/micronutrients, because you are better off learning about those for yourself and experimenting with what works for you, what will be really good for you is this:

Avoiding processed food. If you're really serious about eating healthy, then anything pre-packaged should be on your radar. Preservatives, colourings, flavourings, thickeners, all of this shit is prevalent in processed food and is partially resulting in the obesity (and the other wide plethora of problems they cause) that we see today. The more clean that you can eat, the more ingredient conscious you become, the healthier you will be. I advocate no diet here, I advocate no specific foods, but in my humble opinion, do your absolute best to eat whole and natural foods instead of processed junk.

I warn you that it is extremely hard to do, not just hard to avoid because (for example) takeout food is rather processed too, but hard because you begin to crave specific processed foods of which you know you like. Start slowly, stop 'snacking' on that chocolate bar or ice cream. Have a glass of water, have an apple. The tell me the chocolate is still important.

quittingthedemiurge likes this.
  3. Morior Invictus

Morior Invictus Fapstronaut

Yeah this is the most important thing really. Just quit buying frozen meals and more things that you need to prepare yourself. Fruits, veggies, rice, legumes, protein pasta, whole meats, wholes grains, and that protein powder and peanut butter brudder. Pick 3 of those categories and you got a meal. Details are for later

The turtle main likes this.
  4. Imperator Tartarus

Protein Pasta? Ew. Have legumes instead.

5. Morior Invictus

I'm a simple man. Add the word protein in front of it and its automatically healthy right haha...?

6. Imperator Tartarus

I can appreciate the viewpoint, but no lmao. Protein pasta sounds more likely to have flavourings and fillings to keep the 'pasta' taste and not have it replaced with protein flavour.

7. Morior Invictus

Lol no its just pasta with lentil, pea, and chickpea powder thrown into the regular brarley stuff. The only other thing added is the usual reinforced minerals.

8. Astronaruto

Astronaruto Fapstronaut

Its a great choice, start simple, plenty of fruit and veg, try a wide variety and select the ones that works best for you and include them in your regular eating plan. stay away from processed foods

9. vitré

vitré Fapstronaut

hi i'm really late to this, but u can easily meet all your micronutrient needs with:
    - white rice (cook a giant pot and leave it in the fridge)
    - lean ground beef (bison if you live in US) or steak
    - boneless/skinless chicken breast
    - strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, bananas
    - cereal
    - supplementing with vitamin A and magnesium.

for ground beef just dump a pound (usually 1 packet) into a pan, put salt and pepper, i like to add some low sodium soy sauce for taste, but not necessary. break the beef into tinier pieces as it cooks with a wooden spoon or a fork. u don't even need oil to cook it, since the red meat already has fat.

for chicken breast, put some olive oil or cooking spray in the pan, cut up ur chicken breast into tiny squares, and cook it in the pan w/ salt and pepper

grab 100-240g of white rice, microwave it, and dump your meat in the bowl. the chicken for your lunch, the red meat for your dinner. for breakfast, eat a bowl of cereal (i like corn flakes, they're not as sugary as other ones). take your vitamin a and magnesium before bed.

strawberries are a good source of vitamin c (i prefer them over oranges). raspberries are a good source of fiber. blueberries are a good source of vitamin K and manganese. bananas are a good source of potassium. the milk in the cereal is a super easy way to get your calcium. the chicken has phosphorus and selenium. the beef/bison will completely max out all of your B vitamins, zinc, and iron. go outside for vitamin D, and your micronutrients are pretty much perfect.

the key to it is to keep it simple!!! it's actually easier than you think to meet all your nutritional needs, you don't need any of the crazy recipes you see on instagram/tiktok ;o)