1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Rejection Therapy

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Caveat Emptor, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Caveat Emptor

Caveat Emptor Distinguished Fapstronaut

I heard about this on the Invisibilia podcast, episode Fearless, and really want to start practicing it. I think it's something every fapstronaut or anyone who wants to self improve can benefit from.

It's a self-improvement game played like this. Once a day, you make an unexpected request of a complete stranger. Things like...
    "Would you give me a discount on this?"
    "Do you have any gum?"
    "Would you buy my lunch for me?"

Once you ask, you win for the day. Whether they do it or not is an entirely different thing, but the typical desired outcome is they look puzzled and then say no.

Like cold showers, it forces you into an uncomfortable situation, but with real people, and doing it everyday builds your confidence, reduces habitual hesitation & fear and grows a "go get it" attitude within you.

You could make up your own requests or you could buy the official card decks from rejectiontherapy.com. Each morning you take a card with you, and by the end of the day you either make the request on it or you lose the game.

After my next paycheck I plan on purchasing the first deck.

2. care4ameatball

care4ameatball Fapstronaut

That's actually a really good idea. I like it :). BTW your signature's gif is fucking awesome