1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Religion and ego.. and flat earth

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by IggyIshness, Sep 18, 2017.

1. I will win

I will win Fapstronaut

Because I want to, mister.

2. IggyIshness

IggyIshness Fapstronaut

Your opinion doesn't matter here.

3. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

Certainly my faith brings me unspeakable comfort, so I guess it's true that I use it to comfort myself. But the only reason I can find comfort there is because it's true.

And I'm not insignificant at all. I'm significant enough that the Creator of heaven and earth sent his son to die in my place so I could enjoy eternity with Him. That's pretty damn significant, if you ask me.

4. meatsandwich

meatsandwich Fapstronaut

But you already have sinned, religious is strict and god isn't so forgiving unless you are ''catholic'' the god is different there, you go to place where you tell your sins and you get ''released'' from them!

5. HopeFaith

HopeFaith Fapstronaut

People are at diferent stages of their heart and love development. Some are very disconnected from their feelings battling addiction, some have reliesed their feelings and are more present in themselfs and in the present moment.... feeling good as they are. And when you feel good internally, religion is not needed anymore because the comfort lies in our hearts truly knowing and feeling trust and love.

Religion is an old way of trying to guide a person into enlightment and purification of their heart. Whiles it is true that many people desperately clinch to it hoping they would be saved by God, but they are doing this only because deeply inside they can see and feel the state of their hearts. The more pain and grief and hate their hearts hold on to, the more scared of death we are becoming. The people who clinch to religion the most are people who deeply inside their hearts feel that their life's have been far removed from love and from true meaning.

But there is another way: heart purification achieved by reliesing all the negative emotions blocking the flow of love within us and it is called constelation therapy. It works like magic. The more we reliese those frozen things that we are so scared of, the less insignificant we are feeling and less scared of death we are becoming. Eventualy we realise that we do matter, infact every second of our life matters. We always have a choise: to spend this second feeling and giving out love, or to spend it on runing away from who we are because inside we do not feel so well.

Religions are great, they all try to achieve heart purification but fail miserably because they do not offer any practical help at reliesing the traumas stuck in our bodies that are blocking the flow of love within us. Once that is done, all of a sudden the teaching of Jesu, Mohammed, Buddha... all start making sense and they get understood by our hearts: because truth is universal and not bound by only one religion. As long as our heads are runing the show we do feel scared, insignificant, unimportant. But babies are never scared to die... they are submerged in self love and they know that when they die they would be Ok. But adults loose touch with that love and this is when deeply routed fear sets in driving addictions or escapes into religion or friends for decades. Sadly many of those people never realise that it is not possible to run away from their internal darkness. The only way that truly works is healing it by loving it and shining light of compassion on it.... and not many religions offer any practical help on how to do that, leaving people scared and searching and clinging for ever.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  6. Yes, the Christian faith teaches us exactly how to forgive others, heal and offer compassion. Jesus Christ is the greatest example for all Christians to follow. He did all things in his lifetime and (it's been proven He was an actual historical figure) especially doing all three things mentioned above through His death on the Cross.

7. HopeFaith

HopeFaith Fapstronaut

I know, I do not doubt your words that Jesus was a historical figure even for one second. But it is also proven historically that Mohammed, Buddha, Mussa, Noah, Gandi, king Solomon, Marry, Kathidja, Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela ..... and so many other people dedicated their entire lifes for the service of humanity too, and many more even died for their cause. They are also important and their work counts too. Right from the begining of humanity. Forgiveness, love, death, being born, sinning .... those are all universal matters. Those are things every human being needs to experience for themselves: individually. So forgiveness always needs to be done by your own heart towards your own self and your own deeds. Similarly you need to get born for yourself and die for yourself. You also sin for yourself. How you achieve the forgiveness state does not really matter and the Universal God does not look at what banner of faith you are standing under. What he looks at is the state of your heart you present to Him. In fact, that is the only thing He ever sees. How you clean your heart does not matter. It is like arguing over the brand of soap to use but never doing the actual washing. This is what the whole world does.

Those who do the washing do it with or without the soap. They are the people who do not argue over brands but instead would use whatever is available to them throughout their lifes: religions, therapy, self help books, meditations, exercises, their intuition, life's experiences. Those are the people who succed because it is the end result that counts, not the means. And their work is deeply felt by their own heart. And everybody's else's hearts.

All children are born pure and go to heaven regardless of what religion tag we give them. They are pure because their heart feels nothing but love: for themselfve, for other people, animals, this world.... and God is Love. Once you intune yourself with it, all fear goes away. Even the fear of dying. And when we are dying, labels, banners or cultures all fall of us one by one. And all what matters then is how much your heart is in the state of surender to love.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  8. I'm curious as to why you put catholic in quotations. Are you implying that Catholics aren't Catholics? Also there are conditions that apply towards confessions and absolution, so it's not the spiritual carwash that you're making it out to be, Shitsandwich.

9. Yes those other historical people existed (and a lot of the people you mentioned are actually people written about in the Bible) but Jesus Christ was the only person in history to make an exclusive claim about being the only pathway to heaven and to forgiveness with eternal life: Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." No one else in history has ever made such an exclusive claim and I'm also sorry but not everyone goes to heaven just like that, they have to make a choice and that choice is to either surrender their life to Jesus and ask Him for forgiveness and then receive the free gift of salvation or eternal life or they don't. No one goes to heaven regardless of what faith they hold to. Since Jesus made the exclusive claim about the being the only way to heaven, then only through Him can people go to heaven. Also Jesus it was prophesied thousands of years before Jesus was born, that Jesus Christ was the Son of God who bear the sins of all humanity and He fulfilled that prophesy through His death on the Cross:
    Here is Isaiah 9:6-7:

"6 For to us a child is born,

to us a son is given,

and the government will be on his shoulders.

And he will be called

Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,

Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of his government and peace

there will be no end.

He will reign on David's throne

and over his kingdom,

establishing and upholding it

with justice and righteousness

from that time on and forever.

The zeal of the LORD Almighty

will accomplish this."

Archaeologists were able to date this prophecy being recorded about 700 years before Jesus Christ was born: "In Isaiah 9:6-7, which was written about 700 years before the time of Jesus"

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2017
    Deleted Account likes this.
  10. HappyDaysAreHereAgain

HappyDaysAreHereAgain Fapstronaut

I read recently that Jesus was the first man to tell a story without ties to a historical character, without an ending, and without a moral. That would seem to make them open ended meaningless fiction, but his parable stories are amazingly motivational. The prodigal son, Lazarus and the rich man, the wicked tenants, the good Samaritan and other stories continue to change lives after 2000 years. That is some awesome storytelling.

Deleted Account likes this.
  11. meatsandwich

meatsandwich Fapstronaut

I put quotations to make text to jump out and it might not be so good way, but it's my habit and if you are going towards me in an offensive way, you are worth nothing as you put your miserable life anger towards me and others.
    Be polite and your life will be something, otherwise, you are nothing!

12. Noted.

meatsandwich likes this.
  13. HopeFaith

HopeFaith Fapstronaut

So where do people who were born before Jesus go? To hell? Where do aborted babies of athetist go? Where do all the babies of the world go if they are not Christian and know nothing about Jesus being the only way to heaven? Where do disable people go unable to comprehend religion. That is a lot of inocent people in hell my mate. And did you know that David, Moses, Aron, Salomon and Noah were not Christians? And they all made it to heaven without Jesus? So just on that fact alone Jesus claim is false. But Jesus was not a lier, yet his claim appears not to be truthful. Have you ever wondered why? And don't give me the brainwashed answer here, use your brain here please. Think.

Do u really believe all loving God and all merciful God would burn innocent children in hell? Any religion claiming it is my way or hell got it terribly wrong. This way we have Jewish people sleeping soundly believing all the others will be in hell, we have Christians sleeping soundly and Muslims are sleeping soundly because all the others would be in hell too. They can't all be right mate yet so many are willing to die for their believes. What about if none of those claims were right and you are actually ment to achieve the forgiveness yourself ? What about if our hearts have to surrender to God on the individyal basis? The banner people belong too will not protect them if their heart never truly surrenders to God. It is hypocritical even think otherwise.

I am so glad I am finally above those believes. God is to great to create controversion that any logical mind could crush. Just look at the universe, everthing is in perfect order and nothing ever contradicts God and His powers, everything is in complete harmony and in surrender to his laws. Everything apart form..... humans. God creates clarity, people confusion. God made the religion simple, people complicated. God invites all of the mankind to Him, but people condemn each other to hellfire, Gods unites us, people created division. God says love each other, people say discriminate against each other..... and the biggest sorce of discrimination and hate in the world are.... religions! God is way above all of that!

But I am not here to argue ur beliefs especially when you are well meaning towards me. Infact, I want to thank you for taking your time to reply to me. The only thing I would say to you is: ask to be shown the truth, whatever it is and ask to be guided, where ever the path would take you. This is a complete surrender of your heart to God. If u are currently right.... u will still be Christian in 10 years time, but if you are not ...... u might end up as me: ). If you trust God and his guidance you have nothing to fear.

14. They don't go to hell. I believe that God will offer them mercy.
    How did you know that they weren't Christians? They had relationships with Jesus so how could you say that they weren't believers? I don't need to wonder why about your third question because Jesus never lied and because all the men you mentioned above had relationships with Him and obeyed and that's why they're in heaven.
    No I don't believe He will send them to Hell because those kids didn't know better and are too young to understand.
    I believe that self forgiveness is very important but accepting that God has already forgiven you is much more important. I mean He stepped down from Heaven, took on the form of man, suffered and died on the Cross even though He didn't need to do it, to show us that He loves us and has already forgiven us and I also believe that individual hearts have to surrender on an individual basis. In the Christian faith, it's all about an individual, personal relationship with Jesus, I believe it's hypocritical not to do so also. See so we agree on some things.
    I agree just about everything you say, almost everything. The Christian faith in and of itself is inherently good. Yes people do pervert the faith for their own selfish, personal purposes but the faith in and of itself is good. And again, Jesus wants a personal relationship with those who believe in Him not for them to do religious rituals under the Christian banner and have that be constituted as a relationship but rather He wants a personal relationship with all who believe in Him.
    It's ok. I'm not offended. I really do hope that you find the truth you're looking for.

15. HopeFaith

HopeFaith Fapstronaut

Now you are talking wisely even though you are not fully understanding what you have just said. So.... the pathway to heaven is via God's mercy. God the father will offer mercy to whomever He wishes. God the Father, not Jesus. And there is no guaranties there, nobody is safe from hell, nobody is guaranteed heaven. Not you, not me, not the pope, not the beggar, not the king, not the Muslim, not the Christian, not the Jew. I am not sure you are aware of this, but this is universal law, it is unbroken and truthful amongs all the confusion people created. This belief unites all the religions of the world together. Jewish people believe in that, Christians, and Muslims. If you hold on to that belief alone.... you will do well. Gods laws are clear and universal and the same! Now, 1000 years ago and 1000 years in the future. They are the same in Africa and USA. For everyone to see on this planet..... and agree upon. They never get distorted, they never change.... So do not focus on what divides us, look for what unites us. This is how you will find the rest of those universal laws. Start thinking like God and look for simplicity and unity, abandon thinking like people: divisions and complications.

They were born way before Jesus. They never even met him!

16. What I mean is that God will offer them mercy because they were either too young to understand, unable to understand or didn't hear about Jesus due to their unique circumstance. If anyone else, is not in any of those positions and has heard about Jesus but reject Him then they are responsible for their own fate. What exactly is it that you believe?

17. They never met Him yes but they had a personal, spiritual relationship with God where they communicated with Him.

18. IggyIshness

IggyIshness Fapstronaut

Who says you need Christianity to do the things you have mentioned?

19. HopeFaith

HopeFaith Fapstronaut

They all talked to God the Father. Just read the chapters about Mussa on the mount Synai or if you have time look up the rest of them. None of them ever prayed to or talked to Jesus. Infact nothing even remotely close to this statement is written in your bible. If you do not believe me, check it out. Infact, you should always check out what you accept as truth. Never believe anybody. Do the research yourself.