1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Religion VS. true Christianity

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

What people don't get about Christianity is that it is not dependent on the worldly realm but the spiritual realm, not on the flesh but the soul and the Spirit, not on any denomination (such as Catholics, Scientologists, Mormons, etc.) but the Word of God (KJV-1611 Bible) rightly divided for our own dispensational salvation, not on our own works but the grace of God that performs through us as the new creature we are in Christ once we get saved by faith then sealed and baptized by the Holy Spirit which then dwells in our soul, not on traditions but God's teachings with His Spirit, not on our own deeds but the finished bloody work of Christ which is the free gift of God to be justified from all trespasses (past-present-future) by faith in it, not by water baptism but Holy Spirit baptism which Christ operates once we trust Him and His work.

THEN, we get to do 'naturally' good works because we know we are saved, and the gratitude is such that we feel pushed gracefully to get people saved but also gathering rewards and treasures in Heaven (even if we are already on our way). This is the new creature, the inward man, not the old man.

Religion or cult is all about money & members, not genuine spreading of the Gospel of salvation (Christ died for our sins, was burried and rose again the 3rd day according to the scriptures). It's the doctrines of devils of the Apostasy (time when people fall from the faith).

All that is scriptural and rightly divided for our current dispensation, the age of grace, the Church (not a building but believers), the bride of Christ, the body of Christ.

And the Rapture (believers caught up with the LORD before the 7 years great tribulations) is coming soon...

Now, you know what Christianity is. And it's a growing process.

God wants Christians to be prosperous, powerful, at rest, with charity and love, spreading the message of grace.

_1) Christianity is the accomplishment of the abrahamic Judaism which is the oldest scripture found that describes God (not idols) and His plan (especially the Law given to Moses). Jews that follows Judaism reject Jesus-Christ as the messiah predicted in the scriptures (Old Testament) and that's why they (Pharisees, lost tribes of Israel) killed Him and didn't believe in His resurrection as well, so now for Christians it is the "free gift" of salvation by faith in the work of Christ at the cross (made sin for us, our propitiation, unblamish Lamb) and eternal security because then sealed with the Holy Spirit. But Jews are still God's people and He decided to provoke them to jealousy by saving Gentiles (non-Jews) in a current time where non-judaist Jews can be saved the same manner so they'll have to reject all their own family's teachings and social status probably and that's why it's seldom seen (but can still happen as long as the Rapture didn't take place). A true Christian is someone who rightly divide the word of truth, not twisting it into man-made traditions which is against our apostle Paul.
    _2) Babylon was initiated by Nimrod the mighty hunter who exalted himself before God (such as trying to build a tower reaching Heaven, so God confused them with languages). Nimrod was the ultimate dictator if you will, people loved him and called him "the Sun God" so in many cases the Sun was attributed to the supposed power of Nimrod who was building gigantic armies and the city Babylon and popularizing blasphemy with cults because back then maybe before Nimrod (4000-5000 years ago, on the 6000 years of creation) fallen angels were around fornicating with daughters of men and probably beasts creating all sorts of abominations (monsters) which people worshipped (giants, "reptilians" and such) by offering especially human sacrifices and fornicating in temples, that were the pre-flood times. That whoredom of Babylon the city of Nimrod and its exceedingly blaspmemous lifestyle was then maintained and extended by his wife queen 'Sumerais' (or so) who reigned with her sons as well, so the Babylonian idols such as Ishtar and Ashoreth were kept through different cultures such as Egypt, Rome, Greece and other places that would worshipped the idols too, eventually Ishtar and Ashoreth became Isis and Osiris which became Diana and Appolos and on and on with the same idolatry mindset of men in their own traditions. And then Jews who were so hardened in their hearts started to follow the same trend associating with Rome (and Roman idolatry) for power interest, rejecting the messiah. That patern of Jews falling away from the promised land of Abraham (trusting the messiah) to turn to some initially Babylonian idolatry with positions of power has been repeated over and over throughout history until now, especially when God delivered them from the Egyptians and allowed them to take their riches which probably corrupted a good amount of them with the next empires (mainly Rome) and their idolatry that they have from Babylon.
    _3) Shortly after our Church age started with Paul, Romans (and Jews) persecuted Christians non-stop but Christians were so hardcore in their belief that finally Emperor Constantine applied another strategy: unify the state of Rome with Christianity however keeping Pagan (non-Christian) gods (idols) in a new global doctrine called "Catholicism" (meaning "universal") so actually NOT Christianity. So the Emperor thought by introducing Christians and Romans (and Jews) to that new doctrine which was just a political interest, that Christians will finally submit to the Empire like the Jews and Gentiles (non-Jews) did and many were seduced and deceived...until Martin Luther, and protestants which were persecuted by Catholics (inquisition) just like Romans persecuted Christians. Recently the pope (head of Catholicism) introduced all 'religions' (mainly Islam, Hinduism/Buddism and Catholicism) to unite for some 'peace treat' common organization in a new age vision of the world...just like Constantine made Romans (with their fellow Jews and Gentiles) and Christians united in Catholicism back then. So now it's actually Catholicism 2.0 with a bigger political interest bubble. United Nations, new world order, Illuminati, Luciferianism, whatever you want to call it, this is the foolish nation mentioned in the Bible that will gather for the Antichrist just before their own destruction by the LORD and true Christians that were saved (Armaggedon).

"Gather yourselves together, yea, gather together, O nation not desired; Before the decree bring forth, before the day pass as the chaff, before the fierce anger of the LORD come upon you, before the day of the LORD'S anger come upon you.
    Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD'S anger."
    -Zephaniah 2 (KJV Bible)

That's why Christianity is #1 for me, because prophecies are simply being fulfilled, as well as the grace of God. Never before (and after) in the world's history being saved and eternaly secured (once saved always saved) was so easy to get, because it's by faith in the finished bloody work of Christ we get saved and then sealed and baptized by the Holy Spirit, made a new creature, born again, justified, having eternal LIFE. Amazing !

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    Deleted Account likes this.
  2. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

The rapture is always coming soon.

Like Dr.Dre's Detox album.

Anytime now.

3. Christianity is one of many frameworks people use to know this concept called "God"

Getting to Christ consciousness is to give up carnal desire & come to peace with your higher-self ascending the default network mind.

Also on your 7 year tribulation here's a following quote:

Revelation 13:5 it says that he will make war against the saints for 42 months. Then in Revelation 12:5-6 it says that the dragon made war against the woman Israel for 1,260 days; that’s also three and a half years. All these passages are describing the length of the time of the great tribulation.

According to https://www.endtime.com/ask-irvin/seven-year-tribulation/

4. EXPONENTIALLY

Bloodless new-age doctrines of devils ignoring the work of Christ. This mindset of the new creature in Christ has to emerge from faith in the shed BLOOD of Christ for us and the Spirit dwelling in your soul once you're saved and sealed and baptized by it (not water). Belief from the heart. Otherwise, if you ignore the Gospel (Christ died FOR OUR sins, was burried and rose again the 3rd day according to the scriptures), and you ignore how it is the power of God, it's the downfall of Lucifer that you worship:

"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
    Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?"
    -Isaiah 14

5. Nah I'm not new-age lol. Nor did I mean ascending above God, I said ascending past the carnal nature/default mode network. Please don't misconstrue what I say. I know what the gospels say however, I've come to peace with the fact that they are flawed & imperfect. They are man's words trying to see their vision of God. For example the gospels say Emmanuel meaning God with us was to be a Nazarene because of bible prophecy however, the scriptures make no such claim. And be aware the people who determined which books got in the christian bible was just a Roman meeting. There's 50 gospels not in the bible. What was put in was determined by Constantine whom was a sun worshiper. Most scholars agree that Matthew, Mark, Luke, & John did not write any of the gospels rather the state/church later added those names on there to increase credibility. Despite the fact these documents were created decades after the supposed lifetime of Christ in fact the gap is large with the lifespan at the time we can be sure that the gospels aren't eye-witness accounts. Nevertheless there's some good teaching in there & some bad teachings. One of the bad ones being "Take no thought for the morrow." obviously if we took that to it's logical extreme christian's would screw themselves. Anyway like my dad always said eat the meat, spit out the bone.

(probably made some mistakes in this, I'm still learning & researching all of this & don't have all my thoughts sorted out on this.)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2018
    Evig Faith likes this.
  6. EXPONENTIALLY

Friend, the 4 Gospels are NOT our current Gospel which is the epistle of Paul. Jesus was ministering to only Jews back then about the Kingdom of God, He clearly forbidden His disciples to go to Gentiles. Jews rejected it because Jesus was so unblamish and hard to follow for them obviously, and they killed him at the cross. And when they even didn't believe in the resurrection, stoning Steven to death, Jesus went to using Paul (Acts 9) to save Gentiles to provoke to jealousy the Jews who were clinging to the Law of Moses and temporary remission of sin by sacrifices of animals, instead of faith ONLY in the finished bloody work of Christ for our eternal salvation (today before the Rapture a Jew or Gentile is saved by faith not works and sealed and baptized by the Holy Spirit which Christ operates, as our great High Priest).

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." -2 Timothy 2:15

7. If it's not about denominations why specify a version of the bible published for the Church of England during the English reformation?

From the wiki: "James gave the translators instructions intended to ensure that the new version would conform to the ecclesiology of, and reflect the episcopal structure of, the Church of England and its belief in an ordained clergy.[8] The translation was done by 47 scholars, all of whom were members of the Church of England."

8. Yeah, I'm pretty sure Erasmus' translation was truer to the original manuscripts than the KJV. Many of the puritans and non-conformists held to it illegally.

Edit: I'm talking rubbish, for one that, they used the Geneva bible, for one that translation would have been German or something not English. How stupid of me! Still the KJV is a bad translation.

9. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

This is incorrect. Although we cannot be saved AT ALL without grace, You are not saved from spiritual death from God’s grace alone. You are also required to do good works, because that’s what faith is. God promised salvation when we follow his commandments and do our part. When you sit around until God saves you, you’re treating God as a servant rather than the most powerful being we know. God is not a god of force; he won’t forcibly save you if you don’t have the energy and desire to do your part of the covenant.

SolitaryScribe and Evig Faith like this.
  10. You are very wrong! Have you ever read the book of Romans? I recommend you go through the whole book to understand it fully.

Romans 4:1-3 ESV: What then shall we say was gained by Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh? For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.”

Jesus rules by serving us, you dummy! He justifies us before God by taking our punishment and giving (imputing) his righteousness to us, so our status before God is 100% clean, perfect, pure, good and complete! What about obedience then? He gives us the holy sprit. He, the spirit, changes our nature and slowly transforms us to be more like Jesus and he bends our desires towards honouring, obeying and serving him and loving others!

God chooses us before the foundation of the Earth, not because anything in us but because of his own love. Salvation is entirely of the Lord. 10000%. Natural man can in theory, perhaps, but would never out of his own free will choose God or to do good (to honour God).

EXPONENTIALLY likes this.
  11. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Lol, preaching Christianity and love in the same post as calling someone a dummy. Oof, the irony.

Anyway, how am I wrong? Your scripture debunked literally nothing that I said.

And the Holy Spirit doesn’t change us magically. The Spirit changes only if we allow him to.

As I said, God is not a god of force. So, if anything, you actually solidified my point.

SolitaryScribe and Evig Faith like this.
  12. 1. Dummy! Hehe!
    2. How so?
    3. So you are more powerful than God?
    4. Yes, you said he is not a God of force. I am refuting that point. Read ephesians chapter 1 for evidence. Here's a sample:

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved.

Romans also covers that topic.

13. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

1. Very mature. Since you’re in a Bible-bashing mood right now, remember what Jesus said about hypocrites in the Bible?

2. Because, you stated that Jesus serves us. How does someone serve us and demand us at the same time?

3. Nope. But God is bound by promises and covenants that He makes, and one of those were of free agency. We get to choose to either follow Him, or to be lured by the devil into an endless abyss of misery and sin. Free agency was the only way we can learn for ourselves right from wrong, and that’s why Christ was provided for us.

4. Once again, that scripture does absolutely zero in refuting my point. It says we are predestined to be CHILDREN of God, as in spiritual children of God. This does not mean we are predestined to FOLLOW him.

Evig Faith likes this.
  14. "You are also required to do good works"

What then shall we say was gained by Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh? For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.”

Firstly the ESV is a literal translation.
    "For if Abraham was justified by works" <- This statement must either be be true or false.

If this "You are also required to do good works" is true then "Abraham was justified by works" is true in this case.

If that statement is true then it follows that:
    "he has something to boast about"

The context of the situation is before God because you are doing these works either before or as an offering to God.
    "For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God"

The text denies that he can boast before God.
    Therefore he cannot be justified by works as the text declares,
    therefore you are wrong when you say that "You are also required to do good works".

15. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

This states that if he was judged by his works ALONE. No one will be saved if they were judged by their works alone. This doesn’t mean that people can sit around and be lazy, and still be saved from spiritual death.

16. 1. Dummy!

1.1. The hypercrits were white-washed tombs thinking that they have some intrinsic righteousness but it was only their outward appearance. I have nothing. My heart is an evil thing that has been awakened by the holy spirit. All the good loving and kind, God-honouring things in me are from him. Also don't misunderstand my intentions, I could be doing something useful right now but I'm trying to help your eternal soul. Besides, so what if I'm a hypocrite? I am trying to help you look to Christ, not me!

2. By dying on the cross. By descending from the unfathomable heights of glory in heaven to teach us and help us. He does not need men, but the king loves them and helps (serves) them even to death on the cross! Interestingly, the cross also demands a response of repentance and faith. A perfect example of it in action. He dies (serving us), we respond (serving him). Beautiful!

3. Yes, we have free will. But natural man's heart is only evil. We may in theory be able to choose him but would never want to, without the holy spirit.

"The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." Genesis 6:5

Also get people making weird noises and rolling on the floor out of your head when I talk about the holy spirit. For one, one of the fruits of the spirit is self control. Additionally, God is not a God of confusion.

4. Sigh... Read the rest of Ephesians...
    It talks about believers being children/sons/heirs in the family of God. Ephesians 2 ties it together nicely.
    "To the saints who are in Ephesus, and are faithful in Christ Jesus:"

When he says "we", he is talking about himself and the people he is writing to. They are the children of God. And he is undoubtedly a saint, along with the people he is addressing.

17. Philippians 3
    "Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith"

The context of everything is his obedience to the law and his Jewish credentials, though here he expands it to all things you could imagine, even infinite euphoria outside of Christ. Here he explicitly declares that he has contributed nothing to his righteousness before God. It is all of the Lord. It's a great chapter to explore.

18. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

1.1: I know Christ. I’ve had a relationship with Him for years. I served Him and I will still continue to. I do not need your help in knowing Him, especially from someone who, just likes earlier, called me by a name in which Christ has never once done.

2: You just disproved your own argument about Christ being just a servant. You even backed my first post, which says that God isn’t there solely to serve us. Because, even as you said, God also demands from us. That’s where His commandments come from. So, what even is your point?

3: you also disproved your original argument found here:
    4: as this was also disproven by you, of all people, I believe this isn’t worthy of a response.

19. 1. I don't know your heart, but I think by your theology, you are excluding yourself from his grace and I worry for your soul.

2. We must be misunderstanding each other a bit here, your right that he is not solely ruling to serve us, but he did descend for that purpose and continues to be with us and for us.

Mathew 20: 28 "even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."

3. and 4. Yeah, we are dealing with tough concepts about God's nature that go beyond our fragile mind. I cannot deny scripture which declares that he predestined us, so I may be wrong about us having some shadow of completely corrupt free will. It was Martin Luther and Agustin of Hippo who coined this idea, whom I trust to be wise on many spiritual matters.

Also consider that time is part of creation and so does not constrain God, which creates many complexities including, the possibility of simultaneous predestination and free will. Anyway, I am not too worried about failing to convince you of this idea since it is not vital for salvation.

20. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Faith is work, which is also what I stated in my first post (Hebrews 11:1), so I don’t know what you’re arguing here?