Religion?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by ChronicTeen, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Phibz

Phibz Fapstronaut

I'm atheist. I strive for spiritual growth.

2. If you read carefully I didn't accuse anybody I simply said "if..."
    I am too scientific even for science if only you would yourself stop making "premises" about me not knowing scientists.

3. Esteban

Esteban Fapstronaut

Inferior on what grounds ? Morality ? I'm inferior, I'm the worst !
    Intelligence ? I don't know, I won't claim to be more intelligent. I'm in college though.
    scientific morality what a joke. If you have no objective basis for right and wrong you can come up with ethic if you like but this is subjective. That holds no watter.
    You are not a nihilist. It's starting to grasp my attention. Is life meaningful ?

4. The science which was 200 years ago was too inferior to be truly called science.
    I use scientific reason which is my own invention and has nothing to do with any atheists new or old.

5. Esteban

Esteban Fapstronaut

Don't BS me.
    You said :
    • "For intelligent minds this all seems highly preposterous, they are too lazy and prefer easy paths"
    • "cience will triumph over superstition and every child however inferior he is"
    • "beware of the inferiority of your delusional opponent"
    • "unscientific education and early indoctrination which destroy their ability to think"

6. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

You are right I am a slave of God and therefore I am free. Who wants to be independent from God they will be slaves of their body, corrupted mind and other people, world and satan. There is no between way.

DanVT and Esteban like this.
  7. DanVT

DanVT Fapstronaut

I believe in God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, forgiveness of sins, and that sort of Etc. It wasn't really relevant, so I did not spell it out.

I would love to hear the scientific method you are using, of your own invention! A method is based on empirical and measurable evidence, so please tell me how you experienced and measured God to exists or not exist.

8. Esteban

Esteban Fapstronaut

Amen to that !

9. Esteban

Esteban Fapstronaut

Well I suppose he uses the famous deitymeter.

10. This is hilarious, but still I shall approach you tenderly and respectfully, your ignorance truly struck me as somewhat odd. My mind will rule over my body and thus I live pleasurable life, unveiling secrets of the universe. Why is it slavery? While I am free, you instead of growing your knowledge live life based on lies and superstitions.

11. Esteban

Esteban Fapstronaut

@ReasoningScientifically

I love you anyway, and I wish to continue this conversation the next time you fap. Hopefully it will never happen. As you said "I am certain that I will never relapse, because I am too rational for this".
    So best of hopes for you !

12. DanVT

DanVT Fapstronaut

Seriously, I would like to know. I am not being sarcastic. If we cannot be open to new ideas and hypothesis, then the sciences will never evolve. Every time we think we have found a smaller particle, we smash them together and a bunch of smaller crap comes out. If we never explore, if we "assume", then we will never advance.

For example, this is not constructive, and only pokes fun and provokes a reaction.

Would this be a fapping life? And again, I ask you for proof of your hypothesis that God is a lie and/or a superstition. Please use your new scientific method to explain. I am fascinated.

13. It is all of course very *** but you must read this very attentively in order to understand! Science is the measure of all things, therefore if I can't prove God empirically he does not exist.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  14. Fapping is not a pleasurable life, because it is only a brief pleasure and it also goes against science, so that means I will not masturbate.

15. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

Why are you using a future verb form?
    Can you see that you write about your wishes, beliefs , no facts. facts are what is now.
    I'm really happy that I could make you hilarious. I love my Christian ignorance.
    If you were free you wouldn't be on this forum. These Catholic lies and superstitions led me to freedom. Now I'm free after 33 years of PMO slavery.

16. DanVT

DanVT Fapstronaut

Would not a series of brief pleasures be a pleasurable life? I can measure time, and I cannot measure pleasure empirically, so therefore, by your method, pleasure doesn't exist?

Would it not be more accurate to say that pleasure, like God, cannot be measured by current scientific capabilities? Meaning an advancement to science/technology could prove previously held theories wrong, which we are currently assuming to be accurate?

17. Now I understand how sad your life is. You need these superstitions in order to be happy, but people whose life is not so horrible can live without them.

18. Life with brief pleasure contains more displeasure and therefore is not pleasurable.
    The point is I do not need God to live a happy life and people who need God just do not like their lives, which is why they call other people nihilists, while they are nihilists themselves.

19. DanVT

DanVT Fapstronaut

I see you skipped over the more difficult part of empirically measuring pleasure. According to your new scientific method, pleasure doesn't exist, and therefore displeasure doesn't exist either.

20. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

right point.
    A boy loves a girl. What are scientific proofs that the love exists,ReasoningScientifically ?
    Which instrument can measure the boy's love? Have scientists discover a lovemeter? If they have it's a really useful device. Milions of girls and women could buy themselves a lovemeter and state if their boyfriend love them or only will sex and some pleasure with them.
    If the scientists cannot proove that love exists so can we conclude that love doesn't exist and didn't exist?