1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

"Remain in me and I also will remain in you"

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I have heard homilies on this verse from John 19: 1-4 many times before but I solely focused on the words " I am the vine and you are the branches" and I didn't fully comprehend the message of the entire passage.

“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me."

Such an important point! We must remain close to the Lord and He will remain in us. When I have faltered in the past, it was always preceded by several days without real prayer from my heart. This is essential to remain strong against temptation.