1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Retention and Sexual Dreams

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by HopefulKay, Mar 25, 2023.

1. HopefulKay

HopefulKay Fapstronaut

I have stayed 5 days clear of PMO and i noticed something I would need opinions on. This isn't the first time I tried to hold back PMO however after a few days I get sexual dreams. They might not necessarily end with O. I do not focus on PMO because I keep myself distracted but end up with more of these dreams during retention. Is this normal?

2. Do you ever dream about what you previously spoke about the past day? Even if it’s morning or night? This could just be a sign that your brain is filtering out the sexual images and the play that is going on in your mind. Our brains are
    notorious for cleaning out and filtering unwanted thoughts. I believe this to be completely normal.

Each time I had a streak over 7 days in the past I’d end up having a Super stimulated erotic dream. Especially with a seriously attractive woman. But each time I would relapse it would be a nightmare. Like a ghoul is lurking for me or I see a ghost.

I think our brains tell us something when we dream, especially after a relapse. Like how crappy you feel and like you wasted something inside of you. It’s obviously precious to your mind.

Over all I’d say it’s normal. I wouldn’t stress to much about it because it’s our bodies just releasing sexual tension on our own time.

HopefulKay likes this.
  3. The worst is over

The worst is over Fapstronaut

Yes it’s normal. Dreams are the brains way of processing and healing the subconscious mind. Eventually they will lower in frequency if you go long enough without pmo or fantasizing.

HopefulKay likes this.
  4. loneloan

loneloan Fapstronaut

So far, I understand wds are normal but not having them + SR is "perfection"
    not being perfect isnt bad...its not being perfect

HopefulKay likes this.