1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Retentioning abs?

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Deleted Account, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Hi everyone. This is a question about Retentioning and the process of going threw it especially with exercise and hard work. My question is that while you retent going threw lets say a week or two. Does it play a beneficial factor on how your abdominal muscles grow, size, and reshape threw Transmuting?

Short story: I've been trying to get abs, doing countless work outs seeing the lightest but to nothing results. Along with doing them every other day. It's been a goal of mine to have abs some day. I keep playing it out in my mind. I never see the results and rewards with my good diets or progress.

My weight trainer has told me that it could just be genetics but I just feel that's always a given statement to anything you are trying to achieve during exercising and weight lifting.

Is there anybody on here that has abs or can give me some clear idea if this situation has to do with retention or not? I now have a stomach I'm recently going to to weights this week after being in the hospital and doing cardio. I still plan on keeping up building strength.

Inspired2chg likes this.
  2. Inspired2chg

Inspired2chg Fapstronaut

Abs come more so by fat loss and major fat loss comes through strength training and a calorie deficit. It’s probably a byproduct of working on yourself (nofap etc) and working out. Weights can get you toned better than cardio alone.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

To gets abs is different from weight lifting , the less fat you have the more noticeable they are.
    Usualle 10%-15% of body fat it's enogh.

4. InappropriateUsername

InappropriateUsername Fapstronaut

Diet is about 85%. Eat lean meat, only healthy carbs. A little fat, healthy also. NO SUGAR. And no sugar. And lastly, NO FUCKING SYGAR. I mean processed sugar. Sugar in fruits and veggies is fine.

also, I found best success in a mix of body weight and weights. I don’t do crunches, but I do full sit ups, weighted and unweighted, Russian twist with weight plate, planks and some other stuff.

Hanging leg raises are one of the best exercise and any variant thereof. Ab rollouts too—brutal.

And don’t forget the obliques.

honestly, Visible abs are a lot of work. You have to eat right, stay away from a lot of beer and booze, workout consistently and yes, have good genetics. For me, my obliques seem to grow and get visible more than my abs. But I’d rather drink beer than be able to see my abs. They’re there and they’re strong.

5. Oddly enough this is what I did when I had my weight trainer. Allot of Russian twists with weighted balls/crunches. We did at least 10 minutes after every weight session for the day.

I don't go to the gym anymore because its to expensive for me right now. I've been trying to replicate hanging leg lifts on the floor and other various exercises.
    That's exactly how I feel right now. But I'm not entirely seeing it.

6. InappropriateUsername

InappropriateUsername Fapstronaut

Great thing about body weight is not much, if any equipment needed. Do it anywhere. Parks are awesome—all kinds of bars and hanging apparatus.