1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

ROCK OR CLAY?

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

“A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4 As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5 Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6 But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. 8 Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. 9 Whoever has ears, let them hear.” From Matthew 13”

18 “Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: 19 When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in their heart. This is the seed sown along the path. 20 The seed falling on rocky ground refers to someone who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. 21 But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. 22 The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful. 23 But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.”

We need to understand the message of God and the Bible, or the evil one will run us over. We are always bombarded with a secular message. Get rich, successful, get max pleasure. But God's message is righteousness, love, and doing good. It is a daily fight to accept and understand that God's message is always right and good.

Pray: “Father, show me how the world is brainwashing me. I will follow Your ways.”

Secondly, I always talk about finding your purpose, reading the Purpose Driven Live. Why? Because the seeds of Christianity always fell on rocky ground with me. I never got a root. I was always back and forth. Always chasing money and lust while trying to be a good enough Christian to slip into heaven through the back door. I was verse 21 and verse 22.

But, my fight to find purpose through prayer and Bible study eventually allowed my root to go deeper, and that was a good breakthrough. Then, just this morning I was using very specific verses to combat my weaknesses in understanding the Word. Once again, I was shocked by how effective the Bible can be when we use it consistently and specifically.

Jeremiah 23:29 ESV
    Is not my word like fire, declares the Lord, and like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?

I am more like the rock than like clay. When I become more like clay, I can start to be... “The one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.”

Tao Jones likes this.
  2. Hebrews 4:12 - For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

timcia likes this.
  3. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Today I am going to use this parable in regards to how satan tricks us into p again. Verse 19 says some hear the message but don't understand it.

I have heard/read every chapter in Matthew a few hundred times. Why? So that I understand it better.

People say wrong things about the Bible every minute. But... they don't fool me. I know what it says. I often listened to 3-4 chapters daily on CD on my way to or from work. Twenty years ago I knew the Scripture but I did not understand it. But... over the years I listened read and submitted to scripture. And at some point, I started to understand it (a bit anyway).

Today, I value daily scripture reading as vital.

Verse 21 says, “They have no root.” Many come to this site, but some fail to make it a daily habit to read a few articles every day. Instead, visit daily no matter what. Try to implement new ideas into your day. Practice positive addictions. That is how you grow your root deep.

Verse 22 writes about how the thorns choke the Word. We want more money or things. We have problems.

Always be aware that satan will use money, things, problems, or anything else to sink you. But when we have daily habits of prayer, fighting sin and addictions, and Bible study, they take us away from the thorns and point us back towards Christ again.

Consider praying: “Father, show me what thorns I am allowing to grow.”

If this is a problem consider memorizing verse 22: But the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful.”

America says, “The one with the most money and toys wins.” Jesus says, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.”

Lastly, verse 23 writes about a person who hears, understands, and follows Christ producing a huge crop.

When you become that person, problems get way smaller. Joy gets way bigger. Self-control starts to be real. Problems start to be solved.

Tao Jones likes this.
  4. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Matthew 5:13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt has lost his savor, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.”

If our lives are focused on pleasure we stop being the salt of the earth. Bibleref.com noted: “As salt preserves meat from rotting, believers in Jesus, distributed around the world, help to preserve humanity from falling into godlessness, immorality, chaos, and the resulting judgment. Salt permanently changes the flavor of food, just as the influence of godly people can change a culture. The main point is that Christians serve a godly purpose in the world simply by living out what we believe about Jesus.”

Consider praying: Father, help me to care about changing the world through You.” #2 Consider praying often: “Father, help me to care about souls.”

But what if we decide that we won't care about purpose? Tip... before deciding that, memorize what it says about the salt in the last half of the verse: “it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.”

Ouch!

What do I mean by "Quitting is 51% what we do and 49% what we stop doing?" Being salt is an important part of what we “do.” If somebody prints out this page and does what the verse says and does it and does it and does it. They have started thinking the way the Bible says to think. They are thinking less about how satan says to think.

The more they think right the more the Holy Spirit starts to fill them with joy, strength, and purpose.

The Bible says “where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.”

If you find enough things to do to increase the Spirit of the Lord in you. You will have liberty.

5. Great word, @timcia ! If we are in Christ, we have his Spirit. We are free to do what is right. The door to the cage of sin and self is open. All we must do is stand up and walk out of it. Christ himself will strengthen us to take these steps. But we must indeed take them.

He has called us co-heirs of the Kingdom. How can we not take whatever steps are required to follow wherever he leads?

What is left for us in the world? What binds us to it still? Only pain and bent desire, not love. For his love will cover all of our sin and draw us to himself. Onward, then, toward Christ and Christ-likeness!

timcia likes this.