1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Rubber band

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Wampa, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Wampa

Wampa Fapstronaut

I was looking for some tips how to control myself during 90 days trial and found this:

Rubber band
    Place a rubber band around your wrist. Every time you get the urge to masturbate, flick the rubber band. This will eventually condition you to associate masturbation with the pain, thereby deterring you from the act. The mere thought of masturbation may even cease to cross your mind.

Anyone tried? Do you have any other tips?

Thanks.

2. Chris1052

Chris1052 Fapstronaut

Where am I going to find a rubber band that fucking big?

3. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

I think Wampa is just suggesting a normal sized rubber band. In my work place where I frequently use some, there are a few elastic bands that can wrap around your waist. Let's be realistic; you don't have to go that big. On the other hand, I have tried this before and I should do it again. My advice is to get the skinny kind and make sure it's brand new; those tend to hurt more. And maybe wear it on your ankle or somewhere where people can't see it in public. I think it's awkward on your wrist in this type of scenario. But yeah, definitely use it at home as often as you can.

4. Chris1052

Chris1052 Fapstronaut

Oh goodness lol, I read that as a rubber band around your waist rofl! Haha my bad. Yeah that isn't a bad idea, I had a friend who tried that for cussing.

5. BlackVelvet

BlackVelvet Fapstronaut

It works. I have rubber bands around my wrists right now actually. Just don't be like me, remember your bands. They'll save you.

6. Wampa

Wampa Fapstronaut

I think it would be really funny to have that and use it on public :D

Thanks guys for replies. I'm gonna try it.

7. Anturak

Anturak Fapstronaut

^Lol at Chris' comment xD

This sounds like a cool idea! I'm gonna put two, one for video game urges and the other one for pmo.

8. Big Adam

Big Adam Fapstronaut

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I saw this thread last weekend and have been giving it a try for the last week. It's been really effective! For the short-term, flicking my wrist with the band allows me to squash sexual urges before they really get started by cutting off the thought process as soon as a sexual thought comes up. In the long-term, it's still too early to say for sure but I'm hoping it'll recondition my thought-habits. So far it's been super effective!

9. heartpower

heartpower Fapstronaut

I use a stun gun. Working out well so far.

10. Techiyew

Techiyew Guest

this is great i dont have to slap my face anymore