1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Running The Demons Out Your Head By Running

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Sep 11, 2016.

1. I love running and find that if I start the day with a run then my urges are no where near as potent, I run for a club, got quite good but am a bit wreckless and spent the most part of the last 12 months with injuries, any one else like to run? If so this is the thread to discuss all kinds of running stories etc, one love, keep on running.

2. houndie

houndie Fapstronaut

I love running!
    I try not to go running in the morning, because I feel as if my body isn't ready for that kind of punishment. Body barely waking up etc.

I've started to do a 3-ish km route (almost every day), where the last km I try to beat my record - I basically try to sprint. The first half is to warm up my body and to prepare for the 1km run.

Before high school, my best result was 3:05, after that my running enthusiasm has gone up and down. This year is a whole different thing. At first I tried to beat my result of 3:05 - was happy when I got to 3:04. Happier still when I got to 2:58. Later - 2:55. But I reminded myself that the route's all downhill. It doesn't really count, does it? I'm going to try on even ground soon enough. Last preparations...

3. xhridoy

xhridoy Guest

Though I don't run like a pro, but I also run in daily basis. I usually cover 2km running (can't do in single stretch, do it multiple run) and then do high speed walking for around 3km. I can't push myself more then that as I am recovering from a spine surgery. Hopefully we all can improve together.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Nice post and keep it going, I'd be interested in seeing what time you could do 1.5k aka 1500m, your 1k times even if down hill are good. I joined a club last year and race all distances bit not sure which is best for me as I'm ok at most of them.

5. Very inspiring post, when did you have spine surgery? Yes let's all improve together

6. SDPS

SDPS Fapstronaut

For as long as I can remember I've run irregularly as a form of exercise when I knew I was being lazy but never really considered myself a runner until recently. At the start of the year I hooked up with a local running group through a friend. I had run one half marathon in the previous year but never really kept up much of a routine, especially over winter. But this group has kept me going and I'm in a place where it doesn't take too much to get myself up to running half marathon type distance. Done two this year and have another this weekend plus I've run the same distance on a couple of weekend training runs. Recently been talked into running a 60k ultra which is in November. Need to get new shoes. I'm as slow as a wet week but I enjoy the slog.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. Jilloy

Jilloy Guest

I run an hour 3-4 Times a week. Sometimes 5 times a week. All year.

8. houndie

houndie Fapstronaut

Are you an ultrarunner? That sounds quite intense.

Do you have any tips on running - like music, yay or nay? I've started to listen to lectures - till I do my ending spurt. But the guy from Oatmeal (the webcomic writer, I mean) says no to music, as running helps him feel his presence - music takes him out of that presense, out of that pain or the senses he has in his muscles etc.
    Where do you run in the winter (how cold is it there? We get -30 degrees celsius sometimes).

9. Jilloy

Jilloy Guest

Nope, I am not an ultrarunner, just wanna stay fit and keep myself in form. I like listening to music. I also listen to my study-stuff I recorded beforehand while running, works pretty good. I don´t know that guy but he is right, partly. If you listen to music while running time passes faster for me. I guess we all have to feel individually if it´s good or bad. I meditate for feeling present and feeling my body, so running doesn´t have to do that job for me. It nearly never goes below -10 degrees around here and if it would I would do 2 months of body strenghtening indoors and go out when it get´s better, or run inside a gym.

Be sure to have a good running technique so as to not inujure your feet,ancles tendons etc..

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2016
  10. Dude, ultrarunners most likely run daily.

3-4 times a week is average. 5 times a week is typical for most runners. At least 6 days a week, more like daily is what is needed for an ultra athlete.

Andy_M and Deleted Account like this.
  11. Lol I completely thought this thread was going to be about something else.

Anyways, cheers :D

www.richroll.com

Andy_M and Deleted Account like this.
  12. Sweet, I've been considering running an ultra after listening to the audio book of " Born to Run" was amazingly inspiring, check it out sometime you'll love it.

13. Jilloy

Jilloy Guest

I think for most hobby-runners 2-3 times a week would be the average. 5 times a week is probably more than many hobbyists do.

14. Ego....

Trying to make yourself look good or what dude?

Sheeeshh!

(jk)

15. xhridoy

xhridoy Guest

my spine surgery was on June. Artificial disc replacement :( in cervical spine

16. Jilloy

Jilloy Guest

Do you feel pain?

RealLifeGamer likes this.
  17. Jilloy

Jilloy Guest

Not really but you can think of it like that if you want to. Just felt that your words weren´t congruent with my experiences.

18. xhridoy

xhridoy Guest

Yes, pain in hands and legs. but the worst is tiredness, my body becomes tired easily now. Recovery also takes time

19. Dude you obviously don't know what sarcasm is.

Btw, this is all opinion. No need to actually get feisty when I'm just fucking kidding with you kid.

Lighten up.

20. Masturbators can get so moody.

Withdrawaling from PMO can last months and some liken it to male PMS.

Keep running, it should help.

HERE'S A REAL RUNNER:

Deleted Account and shrike like this.