1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Running The Demons Out Your Head By Running

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Sep 11, 2016.

1. runfastmd

runfastmd Fapstronaut

Yeah, I've run 2. My first was 310 but I went out too fast and ran negative splits 13-20 then died at 21... oops. My second I ran injured in like 3:13. I've gotten a lot stronger and faster since then- and definitely think sub 3 is doable with what I was doing in training, etc. The key will be to avoid injury because I need high mileage. (like 75+/week). I'm doing very advanced PT with state of the art gait analysis and strengthening key areas.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. runfastmd

runfastmd Fapstronaut

You definitely have the athleticism to do it if you you ran low 16s as a teenager. You just have to build up your mileage

3. Ben W.

Ben W. Fapstronaut

Keeping the injuries away is as you say the key. I've had some problem with "shins splints" (??) before. Mostly because I run very much on hard surfaces but also because I didn't take time to gradually increase the mileage. Not going to do the same mistake this time. It's almost winter where I live so the snow gives some extra cushioning and I'm not going to run more than 2 days in a row. When the spring comes my feet should be ready for some longer runs. The marathon aim aiming for is in late august or early september so I have plenty of time to do this the right way this time. I'm like 80 kg and 174 cm now so I would need to lose some weight too.

Deleted Account and runfastmd like this.
  4. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Fapstronaut

I found that any kind of endurance-workout makes the head clear.
    After 15 minutes of any workout, fears, doubts, depressions are away.

I was also a very potent runner, but I stopped due to knee injuries.
    Today I'm regularily doing swimming (1000-2000 Meters = 30-60 minutes) and Bikram Yoga (90 Minutes, 26 exercises, 41° Celsius). Also almost daily bicycling and some strength training.

Deleted Account, Ben W. and runfastmd like this.
  5. Nice 5k pb mine is 16.21 on the road,have u done any track distances?

runfastmd likes this.
  6. runfastmd

runfastmd Fapstronaut

Y'all are fast! I;m going to try to go sub 17 this year

7. K.B.

K.B. Fapstronaut

I love to run and ran my first 26.2m last year. I am gearing up to run more races in 2017 including another (hopefully faster and pain-free) 26.2 in the fall. I really want to step up to 50k after that! I am dealing with IT band syndrome right now. Anyone else dealt with this injury?

runfastmd and Deleted Account like this.
  8. Yes for me that was easy to get rid of, calf and achillies probs are what I can't seem to shake off,
    What I did for IT band issues was foam roll the he'll out of it until you wanna cry, then do one legged dips at least 50 or more until it hurts, a week of doing this it cleared up like magic, good luck

runfastmd likes this.
  9. You will, belive and achieve :)

runfastmd likes this.
  10. K.B.

K.B. Fapstronaut

Thanks @FreeFromPain . Oh man that foam roller is a b!!ch! I'll be checking in when it clears up. Hopefully soon! I have generally have tight calves that I have to spend extra time stretching and rolling. Never experienced achilles problems (knock on wood). Good luck to you as well.

runfastmd and Deleted Account like this.
  11. My achillies is a nightmare but as long as I don't go under 8 min/ miles there isn't any pain so just got to be disaplined.

12. runfastmd

runfastmd Fapstronaut

I've had ITBS before- 2 weeks rest with lots of stretching did it for me. If it doesn't go away after a little rest I'd go to PT (they are so amazing if you can get a good one!)

13. 11 miles run this morning and hope to do 14 on Sunday so that's 25 this week,
    My whole attitude today has been so much more relaxed, Jesus I need running in my life, I'm running a ultra in march so learning after all the speed from this year and last to slow down, as jesus said
    "By your endurance you will gain your soul"
    Achillies feels fine I suppose I'll know more after Sunday but so far so good.

runfastmd likes this.
  14. runfastmd

runfastmd Fapstronaut

Awesome!

15. 15 miles done yesterday even met my dad at 5 mile point and he jogged with me for 4 miles, it was all done around the 10 m/m total weekly millage 26 :)

runfastmd and Awakeatlast like this.
  16. Finally went for a run yesterday. I find myself making excuses for not going but when I'm running I'm glad I do.

17. Solrac88

Solrac88 Fapstronaut

Nice thread. I love running at night, especially the days when urges hit... not much of a meditator yet, but running for now is it for me.

18. I Free I

I Free I Guest

I love running too ! The most I ever ran straight without stopping was 9 miles... I'm trying to hit that 10 mile status !

Once I do that, My skills will be complete . :D

[​IMG]

19. As of right now I do about 20 mins of cardio 3-4 times a week in the gym but once the weather gets good again I'll defiantly be out running.

What songs do you guys listen to while running? Need some new ones. I'm open to any genre.

20. I don't run listening to the music while running but I think some lively songs from Foo Fighters like The Pretender and Walk would di

Also it's a bit of an old song but See the Star by delirious? The chorus is quiet appropriate for running:
    Also their song Waiting for the Summer could be good one too.

I don't just listen to rock music but I've ended up recommending rock tracks here :)