1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

SATAN DOES NOT MIND

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

If someone said: Satan does not mind it that much if you pray. The church would have a cow. But what if they say: Satan does not mind it much if we pray and then still continue in habitual sin. Oh... now it makes a bit more sense.

But you won't find many people on quitting addiction sites who have prayed over all the key verses about their affliction every day. Because the Spirit fills you when you do that. Power fills you. Knowing what is right fills you.

If someone said: Satan does not mind it if you pray over all the key verses about lust every day. I would answer that with: Satan is so mad that you are doing that. Fire is coming out of his ears because he is so mad. It is the Last thing he wants you to do.

Back to prayer. Of course, we should pray more. But praying a lot while ignoring Scripture will lead to imbalance and confusion.

If you want the joy I always talk about. Follow Jesus' example on how to fight temptation. He fought it with very specific verses from the Bible.

What if... you have the overwhelming habit of studying the verses on lust. Keep in mind that habits are formed through repetition. Keep in mind that satan will tell you how horrible studying those verses will be. And I will say, it's not easy. It's a bit scary. It is work.

But the rewards are fantastic. Freedom, purpose, peace, joy. Actually, I don't have time to list all of the rewards. The list is too long.

https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?threads/the-1-way-to-fight-temptation.323359/

Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
  2. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Focus

Four great things to focus on every day.

We should focus on praying more to prepare for temptation.

Second: Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. We should focus more on righteousness.

Third: We should focus more on being in God's will. Consider praying:

“Father, show me what You want me to do.” Often.

Fourth: We should focus more on increasing overcoming lust skills. Have a time and a place to work on that every day. Consider spending a larger amount of time on that every day. Why? Because the rewards will be huge. When we increase our focus in these four areas:

“All these things shall be added unto you.”

Many focus on adding pleasure, money, stuff, success, and a million other things that don't fulfill us or bring us joy. Instead, focus on what God wants, and “All these things shall be added unto you.”

Tao Jones likes this.
  3. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Billy Graham was a famous preacher, but why? Harvest.org noted the following:

“When Billy was doing his crusade in Pasadena a few years ago, he attributed the success of these events, going back 56 years, to prayer.

If the Graham team had anything close to a personal intercessor, it was Pearle Goode of Pasadena. For many years, she prayed in secret for Graham until he heard about her and made provision for her to attend his crusades so she could pray on-site.

Goode lived to be 90. At her funeral, Billy’s wife, Ruth, paid her this tribute: “Here lie the mortal remains of much of the secret of Bill’s ministry.”

She did her part

Pearle Goode wasn’t a preacher, missionary, or author. She didn’t have a hit song on Christian radio. But Pearle did her part, just as surely as Billy Graham did his.

While Billy was out preaching, Pearle was praying. While Billy was doing his part, Pearle was doing hers.

Don’t worry about what God has called someone else to do. What has He called you to do?

We all have a part to play in getting the gospel out. Make sure you do yours.”

I say that the Bible insists that we “Find our purpose.” Many say… how? The first key is to start today. Today, you can pray, “Father, help my friends here at this site who are trying to quit. Add to your purpose by praying over specific people. Add even more by praying that new people would find their way to this site. Next, pray for your church and community leaders, and the leaders at this site. Lastly, pray the below verse.

Matthew 9:38 Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.”

1 Corinthians 10:31 ESV / So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”

Pray about this verse and live out this verse. People do notice, and it is part of fulfilling your purpose.

Finally, consider starting to fulfill your great purpose by praying over these things twice per day. Pearle did it and you can also.

4. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

C S Lewis said that satan doesn't mind it if we go to church. Background, the Bible commands us to honor the sabbath, so we should go to church. But what Lewis was writing about was Christians who go to church and then are not a shining light to anyone. Consider praying:
    "Father, help me to increase my war against lust so that I can be a shining light."
    Second, I always write about reading the verses for quitting. But when we study Jesus' temptation we see that He knew all of the verses. No matter what satan threw at him he knew exactly which verse would throttle the temptation.
    Third, how long do we need to keep studying these verses? Until we "know" exactly what verse will defeat satan. My memory is terrible, but I can read these chains removing, powerful verses unlimitedly.
    Fourth, how should we "view" the hard scriptures that demand change? We should view them as a lifeline saving us from continued destruction. View them as "The Answer," view them as our map, our GPS, and our guide that leads to the abundant life.