1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Scared history will repeat itself.

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by SorryWontSayIt, Jan 8, 2019.

1. SorryWontSayIt

SorryWontSayIt Fapstronaut

Hi,

So I am currently doing pretty good! And the first week of 2019 and the last two months of 2018 have been going great!

I went trough some bad time last year including a break up which made it all worse.

Now I have been texting a girl a lot lately, and she lives a bit more then one hour away from me. I want to ask her out, but I am scared history will repeat itself.

Last break up was because both of us was moving to different parts of the country, and she did not want to try long distance. I have learned that it would not work, so it have made it a lot easier for me to get over her then it first was. (We are talking about 4-5 hours away).

The girl I want to ask out now, want to travel for some time (I don't know for how long she will yet), and she will move 2 hours away from me later most likely if she still have the same idea later. Now she works a lot and is pretty busy.

Should I still try, or should I back off before I hurt myself again? I am afraid if she does not want a long distance relationship too, I may get hearthbroken again because of that.

RobbyGo36 likes this.
  2. i understand your frustration, its hard not having the courage or having fear of what could happen, when i look back at my life, do you know what i regret the most?, not doing it, i always regret my inability to take action and just doing it, so unless you want to live with more regret for the rest of your life i would advise doing it, but before you do it really think about the situation you are in, do you really need a girlfriend or are you acting out of desperation and want, i would suggest you think about those things. I would make myself depressed and lot because i wanted a girl friend, but i realized there is a time and place for everything, and when the time is right it will happen.

CH3RRY likes this.
  3. Distance relationships don't work unless you have been together a long time and one of you is planning to move closer soon. I know because I tried it a few times and it seemed the distance made us grow apart since we were not together very long