1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Scored a perfect GPA in 2 trimesters and also much more. Thanks to SR and Self-Help

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by oneaffidavit, Mar 27, 2020.

1. oneaffidavit

oneaffidavit Fapstronaut

I started the self-improvement journey in 2014. Like a typical self-help junkie, I started reading one book after another. I explored a lot of things (which includes nofap hard mode/SR).

At certain points of time, I still continued reading self-help because it felt good. Many people say this is bad because you are mentally masturbating. However, a good thing about self-help is that most books run to the "same conclusions" even though they deal with different topics and concepts.

What are these "same conclusions"? Work Hard, Sleep properly, Have Work-Life Balance, Develop Hobbies, Follow your passion etc.

This had a profound effect on my brain. Experts say that if you tell a lie 100 times to your brain, then our brain believes it to be true. Another version of it is if you tell something to your brain 100 times, our brains get conditioned to such type of thinking.

That's what happened to me I guess. After I completed my graduation in 2015, I worked for 4 years and got back to B-school in 2019. By the time I entered B-school, my mind was highly conditioned with self-help and also I was less frequently masturbating.

Although I relapsed multiple times, my frequency is way less than that of graduation. I observed that whenever I fapped less, my duration spent at the library would go more. Whenever I fap, even though I get holidays and free time, I wouldn't study much. While on nofap, even when my days are busy and jam-packed, I would still end up studying something.

My communication skills are also way off. Whenever I fap and next day I have a presentation, I become miserable on stage. While on nofap, words would flow out of my mouth and I speak so smoothly. When I first read about this, I thought it was bs. After experiencing it myself number of times, I can clearly vouch for it.Whenever I fap, I want to lock myself in the room and not show my face to anyone. While on nofap, I just want to go out (whether to hang out or study), I become more extroverted.

When I am on nofap, my energy levels are off the roof. I would not get exhausted at all. I remember going out of state with my friends, they all got pretty tired and I was still reading my kindle very peacefully during the return journey. There were plenty of moments where I mocked my friends asking them whether they are 60 years old or in their 20s.....

I not only scored perfect GPA in two trimesters straight but also participated in many outside events.

To describe my energy levels, I want to tell you about a recent incident. I wrote my final paper for the trimester which was Law (I didn't even sleep the night before) and I was out of sleep for like 30+ hours. As soon as exam was over, I was hoping to get a big sleep of like 12 hours. As soon as I wrote the exam, my friend pinged me about a quiz event we had to attend.

I totally forgot about it. I did not even change myself and said "fuck it....let me go" and I joined him in the cab. I slept for only 30 minutes out of 1-hour journey. We were a team in a quiz event and our team secured one of the top 5 places out of 150 teams and got eliminated in the semi-final round where only top 2 teams got selected.

Want to know the best part? I did zero preparation for that quiz. After all rounds of the quiz was over, once again there was 1-hour journey. I didn't sleep at all. Finally, by the time I reached my room, it was 8 PM. Then I had dinner, hung out and finally slept after 10 PM. Just 10 days back, my exam results were out and I got the highest score in law paper.

Before nofap, I cannot even imagine such a thing happening. I would have given up after the exam and would have slept until the next day morning. The energy on SR is off the limits like anything I have never seen before.

Reading self-help made me become more determined, more motivated and more persistent. 5 years back I would easily give up on hard things but now no matter what, I try things until the last second (even when I know that I wouldn't make it).

If I have to summarize it:

Self Help (Mindset) + SR (Remove Sad/depressive state and Lots of Energy) = Ultimate Life

I read on somewhere that if there is a drug which has all benefits of physical exercise, it would be the most expensive drug but I disagree. If there is any drug in the world which can give all the benefits of SR/Nofap, I bet it would be the most expensive drug in the world.

Deleted Account and Jasmeet like this.