1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Screen Detox Anyone?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Fenix Rising, Mar 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Fenix Rising

Fenix Rising Fapstronaut

I'm planning to dive into 40 days of total digital detox — no screens whatsoever — and I have a feeling that this will be as big of a challenge as getting rid of PMO addiction was.

Has anyone of you tried and succeeded in doing something similar? If so, how did it go and what steps did you take to achieve that?

2. I would love that. Love. Even for 24 hours.

Mr. Catwalk Runway likes this.
  3. Fenix Rising

Fenix Rising Fapstronaut

No one has tried going off grid yet?

Mr. Catwalk Runway likes this.
  4. There is a guy here who wrote abi living on 20
    Acres in a trailer. I would love
    That challenge. I will try to do something like that in may. The hard part is dealing with boredom.

Fenix Rising likes this.
  5. Mr. Catwalk Runway

Mr. Catwalk Runway Fapstronaut

Intense.

Not really in the mood.

Also not practical for me.

My phone has tools on it but I have been through screen reduction phases.

Cheers! Love the idea.

6. Mr. Catwalk Runway

Mr. Catwalk Runway Fapstronaut

Maybe in the future. Tiny house style.

7. I would be interested to see the outcome of you doing this. I was planning on incorparating a digital detox lifestyle when I was putting together a Monk Mode plan. It never took off unfortunately

Fenix Rising likes this.
  8. Neurostudent

Neurostudent Fapstronaut

I have this thing called a kitchen safe. It's basically a timed lockbox. I throw in the tv cords and stuff like that. You can set it for up to 12 days I believe. This week my roommate and I locked up everything but our computers because we need them for school and our businesses. I have website blockers on pretty much everything I used to waste my time on. It's liberating, but be careful, you always find something to distract yourself with. Be vigilant. Get the most important things done first thing in the day. Then, slowly begin to exercise control over the rest of your day. It's a slow process, but cutting out that time wasting bullshit like video games, reddit, youtube, etc, will definitely empower you.