1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Second Hard-Mode Reboot

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by JayTee, Apr 15, 2021.

1. JayTee

JayTee New Fapstronaut

Hi, everyone! It's not my first time here, but it's good to be back. The first time I stopped by was when I began my first hard-mode reboot, which lasted four months. I fell back down the rabbit hole afterward- not daily, but PMO became a bad weekly or bi-weekly habit. The same problems persist- no relationships, no drive or ambition after the first few days post-PMO, and of course guilt & shame. The one bit of good news is that I've managed to maintain my sobriety from drugs (4 years), alcohol (3 years), and cigarettes (4 years).

Why am I back? Honestly, I have no reason to be messing around with PMO (none of us do, amirite?). I'm 28 years old, have a decent career, and have most of my life figured out. I'm at the point where I'd like to start dating and hopefully find a lasting relationship. Working from home has made it especially easy to engage in PMO when I encounter the slightest excuse (long day, emotional upset, the fallacy of convincing myself that I "deserve" to reward my hard work with "enjoyment"). I realize that I can't do this alone; I need others' support and have to be very intentional about my goals.

So, here I am, taking the first (or second) step. It won't be easy, it won't be simple, it won't be something I can accomplish overnight, but it's something I can start now. Wish me luck, and thanks for having me back!

2. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

Good luck mate! Keep going

JayTee likes this.