Self Improvement Books

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Iggy, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Iggy

Iggy Fapstronaut

Hey guys, I know there's quite a few if you out there that are trying to improve yourself whilst doing nofap. I'd like to put together a list of self Improvement Books that you guys felt were beneficial. I always see people mention books they've read, but I never think to jot them down, so let's see if we can get them all in this thread.

Suggest titles, go!

2. FightingItRough

FightingItRough Fapstronaut

I am presently reading The Slight Edge. Awesome book on how to turn your life around. He argues it's the little things we do everyday that really matters, yet these little things are easy NOT to do as well.

JoePineapples likes this.
  3. FightingItRough

FightingItRough Fapstronaut

I just started reading: Take The Stairs. Already I can see a big focus of the author is self-discipline.

4. I've read a couple of self-improvement books during my reboot which have helped a lot with the process: Awaken the Giant Within by Tony Robbins and The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. The former book deals with general self improvement while the latter details the subject of mindfulness and in a simple to understand way.

5. kevinkevin19

kevinkevin19 Fapstronaut

The Success Principles by Jack Canfield is the best self-help book I have ever read and my personal favorite. Other good books are Think and Grow Rick by Napoleon Hill, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey, The Game by Neil Strauss, and Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. I'm currently reading David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell.

6. Lost_knight_returning

Lost_knight_returning Fapstronaut

U can try "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho ... great book which teaches and entertains at the same time. Also "The monk who sold his ferrari" by Robin Sharma .
    I don't know what would be your review but "Sherlock Holmes" has also helped me alot :p . Its kind of in harmony with me automatically.

7. Icandoit!

Icandoit! Fapstronaut

If you want hard hitting book for self improvement "Sheep Thief" By Al Walker. A fantastic book filled with 31 exercises to do. Let me put it to you this way. The first exercise, part two of the first excercise. Is that you have to write what you would want your kids, spouse, parents, friends and grandchildren once you passed away.. It's deep and it's tough to think about but if you know you aren't the person that deserves that praise it will OPEN YOUR EYES! I recommend this often overlooked book to anyone who is serious about self improvement for the LONG RUN. And if you're stubborn like me. You need this book more than you think you do!

Cheers :)

8. The power of habit by Charles Duhigg and How to win friends And influence people by Dale Carnegie

9. NFRyanAaron

NFRyanAaron Fapstronaut

Here is a list that I found has helped me most:

The Brain that Changes Itself- Norman Doidge
    University of Success- Og Mandino (older book may be hard to find)
    Managing Oneself- Peter Druker
    Better than Before- Gretchen Rubin
    Social- Matthew Lieberman
    How to Win Friends and Influence People - Dale Carnegie
    Outliers- Malcom Gladwell

There are many more but this short list is a start

10. Andrew0268

Andrew0268 Fapstronaut

I was reading "oh the places you'll go" by Dr. Suess.

Not exactly life changing, but good at putting yourself in touch with your inner child.