1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Self Improvement Ideas , feel free to add your ideas!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by woketer, Mar 10, 2020.

1. woketer

woketer Fapstronaut

I had seen someone on another thread say something that i had been thinking about for some time. I think what a lot of people do on nofap is they replace an addiction with another. or, they swap p with other things that are a waste of time and just do them more. substance drugs are an example, or video games.

NoFap overall is AMAZING. So is this community. but i think that in order to really improve ourselves we have to do more than just nofap. that’s why I like this self improvement section.

I want to work on healing my dopamine receptors. If you want to give this audio a shot go for it. it may be reliable or not, but i’ve felt well using it. especially after a relapse:

Anyways, I want to do more things to help my levels of dopamine settle.

for starters, i’ve completely stopped using my Xbox. I’ve made sure games or useless apps are gone. it’ll help you focus on things that matter. and you’ll notice having more free time.

Try Writing things down. I haven’t had much experience with this but I’m just starting. you can free write about anything, and refer to it as often as you want or need. it doesn’t need to be about NoFap if you don’t want it to be.

I’ll add to this later. go ahead and add some things. if i listed every idea I had this would take way too long.

DudeAlex, palindromo and bluemax4 like this.
  2. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

Cold showers, gratefulness, plants, running, limit screen time, cleaning the house, forming weekly habits, healthy food, dancing on music, reaching out to others and many more ^^

ANewFocus, woketer and bluemax4 like this.
  3. Some I'd add...

Having a regular sleep pattern
    Spending time with loved ones
    Learning something new
    Looking for a new job that's better than your current one (either financially or more enjoyable)
    Laugh more
    Spend time in nature
    Help others

AfricanSunset and woketer like this.
  4. I second the cleaning your house/room notion. That one makes a really big difference its amazing. I'd also suggest meditation which will give you a lot of inner peace and reduce sexual thoughts and energy (less wet dreams), and actively pursuing a subject that simply gives you knowledge. I had a dream of pursuing studying philosophy in free time, and now that I've gone PMO free for a while I can actually commit to it.

5. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

Haha thanks. It's pretty powerful what a clean house can do with your mind. I also added a lot of plants and my room feels alive. Good luck with chasing your new study. Great to see people who follower their dreams!

AfricanSunset likes this.
  6. PrinceOtaku

PrinceOtaku Fapstronaut

Reading and writing! Knowledge is power my brotha. If you struggle with confidence or speaking to people, I suggest reading out loud daily. Also healthy eating and gym like someone else suggest.

AfricanSunset and bluemax4 like this.
  7. Listening to upbeat music that you enjoy regularly
    Having a successful role model

ANewFocus likes this.