1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Self improvement resources

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by NitricOxide, Aug 13, 2019.

1. NitricOxide

NitricOxide Fapstronaut

I was wondering if you guys would like to share any resources on self improvement , be they books, websites you frequent or YouTube channels you found helpful.

Cheers.

2. harris37

harris37 Fapstronaut

I've started NoFap on August 1st, I spent way too much time focusing on chicks and obsessing over stupid shit that dont matter, ive decided to work on myself, to start reading which ive never really done before, learn a different language a start a new hobby. The books ive just ordered are supposed to be the best 2 for self improvement.
    The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle and also
    The Alchemist a fable about following your dream.
    Hope this helps I'm yet to read them but should be good

Deleted Account and NitricOxide like this.
  3. What do you want to improve about yourself?

4. Rolacola719

Rolacola719 Fapstronaut

If you have Netflix, watch I am not your Guru with Tony Robin's. It's a great documentary and will change your perception completely

NitricOxide likes this.
  5. Power of Now is it

6. NitricOxide

NitricOxide Fapstronaut

I absolutely loved this. I feel the same way about the self help industry and it's trappings. Ive read enough books already ya know, watched enough videos, it's nothing but self gratification and addiction. Having said that i don't really read self help books for the help these days. I just like the examples cited , historical or otherwise. It's fun reading. Besides that the message inherent remains the same. Its out of curiosity that I wrote the OP. And also, it's nice to watch something motivational now and then .

7. NitricOxide

NitricOxide Fapstronaut

The power of now is a great book. It s life changing stuff. No exaggeration. Reading the first few chapters and you know it's powerful stuff. Although I've only made it thru halfway. I need to finish that this week.

harris37 likes this.
  8. NitricOxide

NitricOxide Fapstronaut

Idk man, my upstroke is pretty decent but my backstroke needs work ya know.

Rolacola719 likes this.
  9. TheGambler

TheGambler Fapstronaut

Have a religious conversion lol

10. I don't get it.

But if you want to improve your written communication, I recommend a dictionary.

11. NitricOxide

NitricOxide Fapstronaut

12. shamrock19

shamrock19 Fapstronaut

I definitely agree with you, however i do feel that amongst all the charlatans out there, there is some absolute gold amongst the rubble...

13. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

I find self-help stuff difficult because it invariably feels trite to me (sorry!), but I love @Jagliana's journal (here) because her husband and her are super-good at spending time on self-help stuff and she summarises what they learnt in her journal most days.

Jagliana likes this.
  14. harris37

harris37 Fapstronaut

I totally disagree that all self help is a trap, it's about taking on board what is useful and applying with repetition. Most who say these are useless are the ones who don't practice it enough and expect there life to miraculously change without putting in the work. Anyway what's the harm in reading a book and paying 10 or 20 bucks for it... it's not going to kill you is it???

Coffee Candy and Rolacola719 like this.