1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Self Improvement vs Family

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Mr Habits!, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Mr Habits!

Mr Habits! Fapstronaut

Approximately, I stopped watching TV and playing video games to become the person I wanted to be. Video games do no longer concern me and are easy to avoid, but TV is a problem. You see, when my family gathers in the living room to eat lunch, my brother turns on the AC to cool the place and turns on the TV. This is a big problem because I am kind of forced to stay there for three reasons;
    1. The living room is the only cool place in the house
    2. The living room is where I am supposed to have lunch
    3.My parents think that going away after having lunch is a bad thing. Instead they prefer to stay longer there.

In other words, I feel like I have been resetting constantly, and despite we have a one day- yes one day- no TV system I feel that my brother and father are ultimately addicted to it. I have asked to myself if watching TV everyday at lunch was really “spending time with the family “ or just being in the same room, watching a screen. If playing video games in a friend’s house for too long is perceived as something bad, why watching TV for too long in one’s own house isn’t?

Id be happy to receive some feedback about this problem. So, should I stay on the living room everyday watching TV for 2 hours or should I be a little bit rude and leave? Please,leave your opinion in the comments below ( it’ll help me to make a decision on the topic . Thanks for reading and have a nice day!

2. LetsBeLovely87

LetsBeLovely87 Fapstronaut

Just stay in the living room and enjoy what's on tv to chat with your family, it's better to spend 2 hours with your family than 2 hours alone having to face PMO urges

iamShinra and Mr Habits! like this.