1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Self inflicted lonliness

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by isyaboi eeeeeee, May 19, 2020.

1. isyaboi eeeeeee

isyaboi eeeeeee Fapstronaut

Over the past year I've been making an effort to change who I am, completely, from the ground up. I know this sounds extreme, but I have big goals and I knew that the person I was, simply wasn't going to achieve those goals. In the process of changing, I've found it necessary to distance myself from a majority of the people who were once an integral part of my life. I've never been the type of person to rely on others company, as I'm naturally an introvert and quite comfortable on my own, but these past few months have really been challenging for me. I know I need some kind of balance, but I know that spending too much time around old friends, will remind me too much of my 'old self'. I've met some new people through my growth, but I can say I'm close with anyone at the moment, and I certainly don't trust anyone. I feel very much alone in everything I do. Does anybody have any advice for this lonliness, without going back to my old self?

:)-keepsmiling and Organicclaud like this.
  2. matt2k12

matt2k12 Fapstronaut

yes.
    you are already equipped with everything you will ever need in this life.
    you don't need anything. you don't need stuff, things, or other people.
    you already have everything.
    and because you do have everything, you will find yourself unconditionally happy.
    unless you come to realize this truth, you will never find true joy, nowhere.
    you need to really understand this, and feel this.
    its not just positive thinking, it is the truth,
    i know it because i felt it, and others have too,
    thats the life changing thing you have to realize.
    loneliness is a result of not grasping this truth,
    it is a result of not realizing who you are and what the world is.
    so, what to do? pray, meditate over this, and you will come to your senses.
    take care

isyaboi eeeeeee likes this.
  3. isyaboi eeeeeee

isyaboi eeeeeee Fapstronaut

Thanks for the reminder. The joy is in being

4. Organicclaud

Organicclaud New Fapstronaut

I'm kinda in the same boat. I just had to move across the country due to my school being canceled due to the virus. Now, I am being really serious about nofap and don't want to keep ties with all the people I knew beforehand. A lot of those relationships were pretty toxic from their end and my end.

It's like they will have known a different me is what I can relate to you (the past me when my reboot is done), and something about starting over with all new people seems easier and more ideal.

5. :)-keepsmiling

:)-keepsmiling Fapstronaut

Hey there,
    Hope you are doing well!!
    I have felt alone in my journey for a lot of times!!! I really get depressed accepting the fact that I don't have anyone other that this platform to share my feelings. This creates a lot of burden in me and I collapse!!! I think it is more important to just be yourself in front of others. Show the best part of yourself everytime. And there is no point in not trusting in others. Hey ,you will be missing out on people whome you can really trust. You will be mising out on people who are trustworthy. It may seem a difficult pill to swallow but have trust in others!!!
    It will help!!
    Cheers