1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Severe Withdrawal Symptom: Unable to sleep

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Asim Siddiqui, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Asim Siddiqui

Asim Siddiqui Fapstronaut

Today is my 7th day and I'm nowhere going close to falling asleep.

I have tried using an eye mask, ear plugs, music, walking at night, and what not but everything has stopped working.

I bought a melatonin bottle but I have not opened it, trying my best not to use it as I've read that one can become dependent on it.

I may not give up and struggle for longer but I'm actually losing motivation as I no longer know what is going wrong.

Is this a withdrawal symptom of abstaiNing from masturbation? By the way, I'm a chronic masturbator since the last 15 years and lately I have started feeling very exhausted(adrenal fatigue?), hence I chose the Nofap way.

Also, I have become excessively sensitive and pessimistic towards my surroundings. I'm finding it difficult to digest even friendly teasing from others, and am getting offended very easily these days. I keep thinking about the same thing a million times, like its just stuck in a loop in my mind.

I will surely feel better if I get to know that I'm not alone in this and others too have faced similar withdrawal symptoms.

D . J . and AndySky180 like this.
  2. AndySky180

AndySky180 Fapstronaut

It sounds like you've been running at high-throttle, and you're just completely worn out from trying to be strong for too long! There could be a whole range of reasons for this, and I suspect your present exhaustion is more the result of everything else piling up upon you than it is from abstaining from MO.

Give yourself permission to rest now, and try turn the volume right down on all those negative voices. You actually have been very brave and resolute throughout these past seven days especially, and I'm not sure you've given yourself credit for what you are achieving. But to turn about after so many years of compulsions is no easy feat, and perhaps you yourself know the effort that has been involved in these days!

Yes; you belong to us in this NoFap community, and it's good that you have connected again with your last post, and expressed what is going on. I'm sure others will have good suggestions too. Be gentle on yourself, because yes -- there is always uncertainty and changes we all experience when we stop following a known pattern of behaviour in our lives.

Stay strong, because I know I am not the only one who is quietly proud of what you are doing. Thinking of you in these hours . . . relax, and remember the positives that allowed you to get seven days up on the board! Cheers!!!

D . J . likes this.