1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Sex before marriage is it OK?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by ram_01, Jun 29, 2020.

1. I often think about this but I don't dwell on it too long. I'm kind of split between two different ways of thinking when it comes to that.

FellatiousD and DyingStar like this.
  2. By explaining why marriage isn't always a bad thing, you are doing nothing to explain why it is preferable to not getting married. In fact, all you've done is make a case against marriage by bringing up the risk of property loss in the event of divorce. But there is no equivocation to be made to having a driver's license, because there is no "training" that goes into marriage. You can just have a wedding whenever you want. No one has answered the question: why is sex OKAY after this agreement, and NOT OKAY before it?

And even if marriage creates stability, as you have alleged, where does sex come into the equation?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  3. Let's make this more interesting.

Scenario A: Let's say every time I meet a girl for a first date, we immediately get married. And then we have as much sex as we want. And we can divorce whenever we get bored of each other. And let's say I do this with 100 women, resulting in a total of 100 marriages.

Scenario B: Now keep everything in Scenario A the same, only instead, I don't get married to any of my partners.

Which of the above 2 scenarios is preferable, and why?

4. skaterdrew

skaterdrew Fapstronaut

Btw I'm not actually against marriage. If people want to get married I think that is completely fine.

What I am saying is I honestly don't think it makes sense that you need to wait until after marriage before you're actually allowed to have sex.

5. TheQu1t3r

TheQu1t3r Fapstronaut

I think it's wrong, first of all when youd it with someone you came to know recently you can get STDs as you don't know him/her well
    Moreover in many religions (depending on your religion) it is prohibited
    Lastly bro we are humans with intelligence not dogs who have it with anyone they see and like
    Marriage is a commitment the way youth puts relationships today is not pure life only gets worse with these kind of relationships sex like this is only obectifying your partner find someone you really love who cares about you who has good compatibility with you ,

Thanks for reading.

6. TheQu1t3r

TheQu1t3r Fapstronaut

Don't marry every girl you see this is like dogs who have sex with every female they see marriage is a pure bond find someone who cares about you who wants to make you happy not the one who has a good body and only came to you to fulfill her lust

7. Well, it's not like I'm taking a stance for it or against it, so I don't see why that an issue. I feel like both of them are being a bit passive-aggressive which is why I'm trying to help clear up any sort of misunderstanding, so that I can hopefully learn from this too. I'm not interested in the ego part of the argument, but just furthering my understanding of both sides. Good point, there is no mandatory training that goes into marriage, though some do go through premarital counseling before getting married, but that's definitely an outlier.

The thing is skaterdrew keeps devaluing marriage because it's man-made, and that sex is good because it's a natural urge, he's just adhering to a naturalistic fallacy, his reasoning isn't good there.

8. Married couples can give each other STD's.
    This is not an argument. This is tantamount to saying "some people don't like it."
    Wanting to have sex outside of marriage does not make you unintelligent.
    Loving for, caring for, and not objectifying your partner are not traits exclusive to marriage.

9. It's not a naturalistic fallacy, he is just demanding a REASON to prohibit a certain behavior. All actions are morally neutral until it is decided or discovered otherwise.

10. Are you a muslim?

Also, you're making a very good point. It seems that the value in marriage is about caring about each other, according to you. So why not just tell people to find partners that care about them, and to not form relationships based on lust, instead of telling them not to have sex?

11. That's fair enough. I actually agree. I just don't agree with the reason you used to justify it.

12. It sounded like one in his hypothetical couple situation and when he kept attributing the sexual urges and desire as why the couple should just have sex when they want. What defines morality though? There's a different set of morals and ethics in different cultures. If all actions are morally neutral until some form of governmental power dictates that it's good or evil then one could say that rape or killing is good under certain guidelines.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2020
  13. I'm glad you bring up morality, because the moral conversation was the one I was hoping people would join me in having. To me, that is the heart of the issue here.

DyingStar likes this.
  14. I feel like that might need to be a different thread, even though this thread fits into the realm of morality this would definitely segway from sex and marriage altogether most likely.

FellatiousD likes this.
  15. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

16. skaterdrew

skaterdrew Fapstronaut

Rubbish. Your trying to argue that a man made system is more natural than a biological system.

17. There is an old saying it goes something like “If you have to even ask if it is OK, chances are it might be wrong to do it”. I now believe in sex after marriage. For me its because if you are just going to have sex, then it’s not love. Id rather know and love the person for who they are before sex even crosses my mind.

18. So why can't you just fall in love with someone, then have sex, then get married? Why does the order matter?

thinking_differently likes this.
  19. I said that was MY belief.

20. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

We really need some data/experience from old guys that tells us whether Masturbation was a common practice in the past or was it considered a taboo?
    You never know!
    If the amount and rate of people M’ing was a minority in the past, then we can boldly say that M is not normal.
    The sensation, pleasure is the normal instinct, and M is the easiest, quickest way to manifest this pleasure without a partner. And P is the industry that exploits this intrinsic emotion.

I even agree that Sex is a natural act. But it creates urges to perform the same act repeatedly. A person will never be the same again once he/she has had sex, in terms of urges, desires. Sex is superiorly Pleasuring than PMO, and the person is Bound to want it again, and again, until it becomes an HABIT.
    BUT if the person cant find a mate, he/she is BOUND to go into sexual frustration, resorting to low life activities like P.