1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Share a recipe to a dish that is meaningful to you

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by WalkingForward, Jun 3, 2016.

1. WalkingForward

WalkingForward Fapstronaut

The recipe I'm starting with is: Grilled Zucchini With Olives, Parsley and Lemon

[​IMG]

(I've never eaten this exact dish, I will but then I'll make a modification and have the zucchini in the oven instead of on a grill).

This dish has meaning to me because my mother likes zucchini and serves it quite often. I didn't like zucchini as a kid, I refused to eat it and called it the vegetable-that-must-not-be-named. But now I like zucchini, and I never purposefully trained myself to like it, all of a sudden I just did. So this dish honours my mother and also, zucchini is a proof that change is inevitable and that growth is possible.

Olives is a food that I've learned to appreciate, and now I like olives. I've liked lemon since I was a toddler. So to have lemon juice on top of these required tastes makes this recipe seem very exciting for me.

Now,

I want you to share recipes that have meaning to you. It can be something you have fond memories of, or like in my case, a recipe you've never tried before. It can also be a beverage (preferably not one with alcohol).

You can describe the recipe yourself or post one you've found online. And it doesn't have to be a recipe, it can be a something from a fast food chain, a fruit or something pre-packaged.

So feel free to be creative in your interpretation of this thread and in the recipes you share. And remember to tell us the reason that it's meaningful to you.

My goal with this thread is that we can try some of each-others dishes/foods/beverages and be aware of your meaning of it when we eat it.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  2. MFCSteele

MFCSteele Fapstronaut

2 inch thick steak.
    New york strip (strip steak, depends on what idiot you have at the supermarket unless you go to a real butcher)
    Allow meat to reach room temperature.
    1\4 cup of salt and fresh ground black pepper spread onto the whole steak.
    Bake, yes bake, in the over at 275 for an hour. (Use a cooking sheet with tinfoil down so its easy to clean up. And a baking sheet to the air gets underneath )

Let rest for 10 mins.
    Sear all sides 1 min each.
    Alter cooking times for desired doneness. Unless you want well done. In that case don't waste good meat and go eat chicken.

3. [​IMG]

This son of a bitch right hurr:

'If you crave that classic chicken salad sandwich like you can get at a diner, then this recipe is a must-try. Vegan chicken strips are pan-seared and then combined with vegan mayonnaise, toasted cashews, golden raisins, and curry powder. Add some chopped celery to give it some crunch and serve with a big pile of diner-style fries.

CURRIED 'CHICKEN' SALAD SANDWICH [VEGAN]

THIS RECIPE IS :
    Dairy Free High Protein Vegan

SERVES
    INGREDIENTS
    • 1 9-ounce package of vegan chicken, chopped
    • 3/4 cup golden raisins
    • 3/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
    • 1/2-3/4 cup raw cashews, chopped
    • Lemon juice from 1/2 a lemon
    • 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
    • 1 tablespoon curry powder
    • Celery, chopped (optional)
    • 1 cup arugula
    • 2 sandwich buns
    • 1 avocado
    • 1/2 tsp sea salt
    • 1 teaspoon ground or fresh ginger
    • 1/2 cup massaged, minced kale
    PREPARATION
    1. In a small pan over medium-high heat, throw the chopped vegan chicken pieces in with a little bit of olive oil and a sprinkle of curry powder. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until you get a good sear. Throw cashews in the oven for 10 minutes on 350°F, rotating midway for an even roast.
    2. In a large bowl, combine the vegan chicken, raisins, vegan mayonnaise, toasted cashews, kale, lemon juice, scallion, sea salt, and curry powder. If using celery, add that, too. Dress the buns with arugula and avocado and top with chicken salad mixture.'

Got lots more where this gloriousness came from. Brace yo mofuckin selves.

4. This looks exquisite!