1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Share your quarantine projects!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Happy Gnome, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Here's mine:

WIN_20200325_08_58_13_Pro.jpg

Supplies to learn sumi-e, or traditional Japanese ink painting. I'm excited to get started!

2. A couple months ago, I spoke to my pastor about sharing a pro-life message at our church, and I have been procrastinating writing up my speaking material and power point presentation.

Then a couple days ago, a friend of mine from YouTube asked me if I wanted to debate abortion with her on her channel. So now I have some extra incentive to gather my research and thoughts.

I'm trying to balance that out with some less heavy stuff, though, but I have yet to really find anything I'm excited to work on. I have a couple books I'm toying with, but I'm not always in the mood to write. Perhaps I'll start practicing piano, as that's something I've been meaning to work on.

brilliantidiot and HippyMinstrel like this.
  3. Piano is one of my projects as well. I learned about inverted chords yesterday. My mind was blown. "I can play any chord anywhere on the keyboard I want it?!"

I used to be an aspiring writer, but I got it out of my system after I wrote a book and nobody bought it... and I found I didn't care. But I remember all the writing books I read back then, from people like Anne Lemont and Stephen King. They all said it was important to write down something every day, even if you don't feel like it. If you aren't up for actually writing the book, you can do some plot planning instead, or some world-building if it's a fantasy/ sci-fi book.

4. Brushing up my Spanish and German.

5. I've written two books. Haven't made a ton of sales, but I still like writing and would like to be able to find some success with it someday. It's a lot of hard work, it doesn't happen overnight.

Yeah, a lot of people live by that. I don't, personally. That doesn't work for me. I'm already pretty good with goals and such, but if I set that kind of strict rule on myself it just takes all of the fun out of writing and makes me feel guilty for being a human and needing a break every now and then.

HippyMinstrel likes this.