1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Share your unpopular movie opinion

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Wizard of Oz - decent, at best. And that's being generous

2. Jack York

Jack York Fapstronaut

I’ll admit that I can appreciate the effect it had on other films. But no. Sorry. I thought all the acting was wooden and I just didn’t care about any of the characters enough to get invested so when anything happened, it was just didn’t cause a response for me. I think the main style of the fighting makes it look outdated and really doesn’t hold up well. And that stands for all of the trilogy.

3. I liked Fight club with Brad Pitt but that is pretty much the only movie I liked him in. Edward Norton was also good in that. I watched daddy's home 2 and thought it was just goofy, most movies with Will Farrell I find too goofy.

Jim carrey Liar Liar was pretty funny not a big fan of Adam Sandler but I did like him in Happy Gillmor lol.

I have never really been into the action hero stuff but I did enjoy the first three Spider Man movies.

I also don't like Seth Rogan and that whole group of actors. Trying to find an actor I do like is decently hard for me.

I'll give Tom Hanks credit though most of the stuff I see him in is mild and he portrays it very well. He's a pretty good actor.

Knighthawk likes this.
  4. scote73

scote73 Fapstronaut

Am I the only one who is uncomfortable getting together with friends and watching a movie?

I just feel like all we're doing is wasting the time we have together.

u376 and Knighthawk like this.
  5. I feel that a ton. Though one of my friends and I usually make snarky remarks to one another and that’s pretty fun

6. I am the same way. So much more productive and fun things to do.

7. RobinCoenBrosFan

RobinCoenBrosFan Fapstronaut

“Paper Man” with Jeff Daniels is a great movie.

“The Princess Diaries” looked dumb so I never bothered to watch it.

I have no idea why “Space Jam” is considered a classic (average film at best without nostalgia glasses on; same for “Good Burger”)

The parts of “The Godfather” and “Godfather 2” that aren’t famous scenes are boring.

Shawshank Redemption is very good but should NOT be #1 on IMDb.

“Master of Disguise” doesn’t deserve to be hated, it’s just pure silliness.

“Forrest Gump” is a very good movie, but overrated. So is “Gladiator.”

Spielberg is overrated. There, I said it. (except for Jurassic Park and Schindler’s List, 1993 was probably his “Golden Year.”)

Orson Welles is great with visuals and style but as far as his dramatic scenes went they were sort of boring and slow-moving.

“La Dolce Vita” isn’t that great either, unless you watching like a bunch of Italians play dress-up and throw some random house party in the 1950s.

Didn’t like “American Psycho” very much, thought it was kind of cheesy.

“Splice” and “The Number 23” were good movies. Quirky, but good.

David Lynch’s “Dune” is a very good popcorn movie, and is also very imaginative, with an impressive set design.

I don’t care if film noirs or films in general from the 40s are sexist or not (I always look at these movies in the context of the time that they were released, or when the stories take place)

I respect him for being able to get work, but SO TIRED OF SEEING THE ROCK!!

ALWAYS separate the artist from the art.

PS: I consider myself to have outgrown a majority of Disney movies, they’re great, don’t get me wrong, but the fairy tale stuff is mostly for kids (not Pixar, though, they seem to have the gift of translating well to all age groups; also exempting Hunchback of Notre Dame, LOVE that one)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  8. RobinCoenBrosFan

Does anyone even care about Megan Fox at all anymore??

MLMVSS likes this.
  9. NSD91

NSD91 Fapstronaut

Well I'll just get this outta the way..I think Star Wars is overrated as hell.

LEPAGE and Deleted Account like this.
  10. RobinCoenBrosFan

I don’t think your opinion’s that unpopular lol

11. NSD91

NSD91 Fapstronaut

Seems to be among most of my friends/colleagues etc. lol Here not so much though you're right

12. Omg, I was so obsessed with that movie when I was a kid. I didn't like change much as a kid, so whenever we would go to the video store I would always tebt the same thing, and for a good few months, it was always Good Burger. Lol so dumb. Idk why I liked it so much.

13. I just saw black panther and I’m disappointed to say the least. It was boring and after a half hour I was ready for it to end.

LEPAGE likes this.
  14. NSD91

NSD91 Fapstronaut

Here's some more I thought of off the top of my head:

I liked the live action Ghost in the Shell and I'm a big fan of the original.

I get shit for loving Saving Silverman. It's dumb as fuck and poorly made but I can't help it..it cracks me up.

Woody Allens' films suck. I don't think much of his writing either.

Also I think Princess Bride is boring as hell. Saw someone post about it above and reminded me how boring it was.

Ladybird overrated. Good coming of age film w/ some sharp direction but faaar from the glorious movie some people made it out to be.

Chris Pratt is starting to get annoying. He's basically Star Lord in every movie he's in now. Jurassic World, that shitty seven western movie or w/e.

Oh and speaking of Jurassic World, it fucking sucks. The Lost World is way better.

I can't stand most things w/ Amy Poehler and Tina Fey. Just always found them annoying for some reason. Parks and Recreations is alright though.

Alien 3 get way to much hate. I like it quite a bit. Resurrection too.

Vanquisher12 likes this.
  15. A film doesn't belong to the actor/actress, it belongs to the director.

Like on YouTube I read someone say they hate all of Meryl Streep's films and I had to tell them that she doesn't have any films, she stars in them.

The Post isn't a Meryl Streep film, it's a Steven Spielberg film starring Meryl Streep.

This kind of wording annoys me and it's so common!

Deleted Account likes this.
  16. A lot of the more recent Avengers movies are shit...Black Panther is so overhyped...IMHO sloppily constructes motivations for both the villian and hero

LEPAGE likes this.
  17. That bothers me too, but I would also say the writers own the story as well. It annoys me when people say how terrible some actor is in some movie when it was really the writing that was awful. Like Twilight, for example. Kristin Stewart and Robert Pattinson are both pretty good actors in other things, but they suck in Twilight because the writing and direction was terrible.

It also bothers me when people always want funny lines to be improvised. Their favorite character says something quick and witty, and they're like "I bet he improvised that!" No... the brilliant writers wrote it, because they're funny and good at their jobs. Give credit where credit is due.

In general, I can usually tell whether a good movie is good because of the actor, the writers, the director, or all of the above. Or if it's bad, I can usually pinpoint what's bad about it, too. So it's kind of annoying when people just say that a certain actor sucks or that a movie was great because of the actor, when really it was the direction and the writing that made it great, and the actor wasn't really anything particularly special.

Reminds me of Supergirl, which I've been watching recently. There are times that I think the writing is great, like there is some really good, believable dialog, especially between Mon-El and Kara. But there have been sooooo many moments of incredibly lazy writing on that show. I honestly think the show is great mostly because of Melissa Benoist. She's an incredible actress. And the direction might play a role in that too, a bit. Generally if a show or movie seems to have an entire cast of amazing actors, that's the sign of a really good director. Or if all the actors are bad, chances are that's the directors fault too.

I probably sound like a total film snob right now, but whatevs. Lol I guess I kind of am sometimes.

18. That's true. It's amazing how so many writers are unknown. I can't really name any writers off by heart except Aaron Sorkin.

We both probably are movie snobs.

19. Matrix Reload and Revolutions are incredible movies, really dont know what everbody expect.

AngelofDarkness likes this.
  20. Logan was boring, annoying, and way overrated.

LEPAGE likes this.