1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Share your unpopular movie opinion

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 27, 2017.

1. RobinCoenBrosFan

RobinCoenBrosFan Fapstronaut

You’re entitled to that opinion, but still, why exactly are you here, sir? Lol

2. subway14

subway14 Fapstronaut

well you wanted unpopular opinions right?

J29 and FormerFapaholic like this.
  3. RobinCoenBrosFan

RobinCoenBrosFan Fapstronaut

Lol can’t argue with you there :D:D:D

J29, Melkhiresa and FormerFapaholic like this.
  4. embodiment of luck

embodiment of luck Fapstronaut

Joker 2019- I thought I would see an evil genius who is always 5 steps ahead of everyone, instead I got mostly incompetent and not really frightening character, and the ending that looks like imitation of fight club (fight club done it first and it done it better).
    Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse- I am fan of Spider-Man but this film is nothing special. Artwork is all over the place,
    some characters are decently drawn while others very badly (Wilson Fisk).
    Animation is weird and they try to mix anime and spider ham in same cartoon, it is like they don't belong together.

J29 and Mahalac like this.
  5. embodiment of luck

embodiment of luck Fapstronaut

Joker 2019- I thought I would see an evil genius who is always 5 steps ahead of everyone, instead I got mostly incompetent and not really frightening character, and the ending that looks like imitation of fight club (fight club done it first and it done it better).
    Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse- I am fan of Spider-Man but this film is nothing special. Artwork is all over the place,
    some characters are decently drawn while others very badly (Wilson Fisk).
    Animation is weird and they try to mix anime and spider ham in same cartoon, it is like they don't belong together.

J29 and becomingreat like this.
  6. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

I enjoyed the new alien movies

Vanquisher12 likes this.
  7. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

Seed of Chucky was denied the academy award that year

pancakebaker99 likes this.
  8. Austin88

Austin88 Fapstronaut

Most movie producers are clueless as to how to create a decent movie. Movies are about cinematography, and plot. Not what type of dark filter are we going to use to be edgy and make it impossible to see what's going on? And the whole mumbling lines thing is so annoying. Either hire actors that can speak properly or just subtitle the whole movie. They really need to go back and study geniuses like Kubrick on how to make a decent movie. Now movies are only about being as politically correct as possible and they can't make anything decent without someone being offended because the main character isn't a poster child for political correctness. Some get it right and create unique movies that are actually good but they are few and far between. Movies peaked up until 10 years ago. Simple plots, mumbling actors, dark filters on top of movies, and being ludicrously politically correct prevents anything that's comparable to great movies from the past being released today.

9. you can record something in your backyard with a few buddies and it can potentially be better than new mass-produced hollywood movies because you can enjoy it both ironically and unironically

Atticus likes this.
  10. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

The first three Spiderman movies are the best.

11. pancakebaker99

pancakebaker99 Fapstronaut

Shows nowadays are better than movies
    I don't think the Transformers movies are that bad

12. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

Most Hollywood movies are very effective military recruitment ads

gordie likes this.
  13. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

This dude spittin' straight facts.

Taylor25 and Atticus like this.
  14. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Terminator 1 is better than its sequel.

Atticus likes this.
  15. Vanquisher12

Vanquisher12 Fapstronaut

Star Wars Episodes I-III and Rogue One are the best, and Empire Strikes Back is about as dark as My Little Pony. The Sequels were shit though, I do agree with much of the Star Wars fanbase that much.

I personally liked the Hobbit films a bit more than the Lord of the Rings ones, because LoTR became too much about humanity and not enough about the fantastical races (at least on the good side), whereas the Hobbit features the Dwarves and Elves in their prime which was great to see (though all the Middle Earth films are good in their own right).

The Black Cauldron is a severely underrated Disney film and, had it been released a couple of days later, could well have done better at the box office because family films have more dark content in them now (Kung Fu Panda 2 is a great example of this). I despise all Disney animated films post 2005-ish except Zootropolis, which was decent.

The Wrath of Khan is highly overrated as a Star Trek film, and I've come to appreciate the Final Frontier more on rewatching it. It's not as bad as a lot of people say it is.

I enjoy the new Clash of the Titans, Alien and Predator films.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  16. Melkhiresa

Melkhiresa Fapstronaut

and yet they say a lot of leisure time is a sign of successful species, as nature presses life to become more efficient, agricultural societies are more efficient than hunter-gatherer societies, and industrial societies are more efficient than agricultural societies.
    Efficiency is about less effort for more reward. Reward is: longer lifespans, more leisure time, more possessions, increased capacity for discovering more efficiency for further reinvestment. All the work and research have ultimately this one purpose, if one can have all he need to maintain himself for X in just say 1h of work in some distant future, is further work not just leisure? how can one then rank one leisure activity ahead of another as it essentially serve the same purpose(staying busy)?

17. I can't stand the "Lord of the rings", "Hobbit" ones. (People just keep recommending me to watch them, and I have tried but why can't they just stop.)
    I hate most modern superhero movies, they are full of jump cuts, filler content and are way too drawn out. It's like they keep trying to play 5D chess and it's such a "SHITE" experience sitting through one.

-J29

18. movies are probably the worst way to tell a story because they rarely go over 2,5 hours so you can't really pack too much plot in them without having a thousand sequels

Melkhiresa, Vanquisher12 and Atticus like this.
  19. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

I don't know if this is unpopular. xD

20. movies still get a lot of attention, though my take is becoming way more popular lately

Atticus likes this.