1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Sharing some Preaching and Teaching

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Purity Power

Purity Power Fapstronaut

feel free to share your insights and crossed references lol

2. I'll only comment to say that modern dispensationalism is a very new idea, first occurring in the 1850s. There are many serious objections to it from smart, devoted disciples of Christ.

3. Purity Power

Purity Power Fapstronaut

That is your opinion, the same false argument they use to discredit the truth about it. It started with Paul not Darby since Paul is the first one even using the term dispensation, and he also said "rightly divide the word of truth" and "God who at sundry times and diverse manners, spoke to His people", dispensationalism is simply rightly dividing the word of truth between the different periods and ways He talk to His people, it makes things much clearer ! I don't get why people are fighting it, it's a biblical concept.

There's also that book called "Dispensationalism before Darby" which proved that even the early Church fathers right after Paul, used it.

4. It's not a major issue, either way. Truth, as we know from Scripture, is a Person, not a set of propositions. It is in knowing the Truth himself that we get connected to his undying life and are saved from sin and death, not in mentally assenting to a series of statements. I don't waste much time on arguing about the latter, as it's just not worth it. My focus is most emphatically on Jesus himself!

Propositional truth (i.e., knowing that a statement is veridical) is indeed truth, but in its weakest form. Personal truth (i.e., knowing the Truth himself in the person of Christ) is also truth, but fully realized. You can have the former without the latter, but the reverse is impossible. That is why I often capitalize this second form -- as "Truth." It is the real deal. As we approach it, we become more real ourselves!

5. Purity Power

Purity Power Fapstronaut

Alright. Sorry but it looks weird to me, I simply prefer to stay on the Word of God, I can not help but to thirst for that spiritual milk you know. The Bible is a mirror and a map at the same time for me, as well as a wonderful piece of litterature and archeological and historical material.

It is written to follow God rather than men, to not being tossed about with every wind of doctrines, simply standing firm on the Gospel, beware of philosophies and vain deceits after the traditions of men, false prophets, wolves in sheep's clothing, etc. Yes focusing on Christ ! Amen:)

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. -2 Timothy 3:15

God bless

Tao Jones likes this.