1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Short-Term Exercise Accountability Thread!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by BushidoWarrior, Sep 14, 2015.

1. BushidoWarrior

BushidoWarrior Fapstronaut

Short-Term Exercise Accountability Thread

[​IMG]

Welcome to this new thread! The goal here is to publicly pre-commit to starting any kind of exercise in the next five minutes. Then, once you pre-commit, that's it: you are on the hook. Go and do it!

[​IMG]
    Do It Now! Five Minutes!
    Tick Tock Motherfucker!
    TICK TOCK!!!

Since the rule is that you HAVE to start it in the next five minutes, bodyweight exercises will be favored, unless you are surfing this website on your phone while in the gym.

In your statement of pre-commitment, you are allowed to wail and carry on about how much you hate exercise and just think that life sucks and the world hates you and your never going to amount to anything. Or you can pump yourself up with epic Winston Churchill quotes about "fighting them on the land and the beaches" — whatever floats your boat and gets you in the mindset to make your fast-twitch muscle fibres suffer. But here's what your post should contain (i.e. The Rules):

[​IMG]
    • List what exercise/s you will do (e.g. pushups, situps, bodyweight dips, split squats, jumping jacks)
    • List how many sets/reps
    • List what you will do if you feel like quitting (e.g. if I feel like giving up; then I will keep fighting on, knowing that it is worth it to do so)
    Then, when all is said and done; post a post saying you've finished, pat yourself on the back and do a little victory dance. For you have kicked your laziness in the balls and chosen the Path of the Samurai you beastly masculine warrior alpha king!

Carpe Diem!

[​IMG]

P.S. Please share this thread! The address is tinyurl.com/qbbslmq.
    The more people we get on here, the more people you are accountable to, hence the more motivating your precommitment!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    sirfapstinence likes this.
  2. sirfapstinence

sirfapstinence Fapstronaut

push-ups - 20 reps/5 sets
    muscle-ups - 6
    Should feel pretty pumped after I'm done.
    I like pushing myself so I know I'm not going to quit.

Great post by the way!

BushidoWarrior likes this.
  3. BushidoWarrior

I don't wanna do pushups. I can't be fucking bothered. I HATE EXERCISE GOD-DAMN IT! Why does it have to be so god-damn hard?!?!?! FUCKITY-FUCKAROONIE!!! *WAILS, FLAILING HIS ARMS* I HATE EXERCISE SOOOO FUCKING MUCH!!! *STOMPS FEET, BANGS WALL, SOBBING HYSTERICALLY*. JUST LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!!! STOP MAKING ME DO HARD THINGS!!!
    • Exercise: Pushups
    • Sets/reps: 1x40
    • If I feel like quitting, then I will remind myself that this is for my Future Self, and that he will thank me for all the blood, sweat and tears that I put in to ensuring that he looked good.

ronswanson likes this.
  4. BushidoWarrior

Did 'em. Fuck I hate exercise.

5. BushidoWarrior

• Exercise: Bodyweight dips
    • Sets/Reps: 1x40
    • If I want to give up, then I will push on through the discomfort and win.
    Dips are boring and I hate them. But they make my arms look muscular, and I want people to notice my muscular arms. Therefore I am doing dips.

6. BushidoWarrior

Done. They were easier than I thought.

7. BushidoWarrior

• Exercise: Bodyweight dips
    • Sets/Reps: 1x40, 1x20
    • If I want to give up, then I will push on through the discomfort and win.
    It's too early to exercise in any way, shape or form. But I know that my future self will be grateful.

8. BushidoWarrior

Done. They weren't so bad!

9. Nouvel Homme

Nouvel Homme Fapstronaut

40 then 20 dips is pretty good. How the arms feeling?

10. BushidoWarrior

Long recovered, lol. I need to start using this thread more.