1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Should cold approach girls?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by HardWorkOnly, Mar 22, 2022.

1. HardWorkOnly

HardWorkOnly Fapstronaut

Hello guys,do you think it is a good idea to approach random beautiful girls outside and ask their number kinda directly like for example "Sorry,hi i stoped you because i think you are cute/beautiful", "my name is hello1221","you know what i am in a rush do you want to give me your number so we can hung out sometime?"

What do you think?

2. Hey dude, if you wanna meet girls, just meet girls. But asking directly for their number isn't meeting them. It's begging ^^

Mob Barley and RobbyGo36 like this.
  3. HardWorkOnly

HardWorkOnly Fapstronaut

I never never beg,i am working on my self to reduce anxiety.what i am asking is, is it ok to be so direct in a conversation?,i want your opinion on this

4. I agree with Spiritus; asking for her number right off the bat will turn her off. She'll make any excuse not to give it to you: i.e. "oh, I don't talk on the phone", or "I have a boyfriend" (even when they don't). Take it from someone who used to do the cold approach a lot. It never worked and always made things awkward.

Much better is to approach with a compliment about some attribute they have like a tattoo, their glasses, rings, t-shirt design, etc ("Thats a pretty cool White Stripes shirt, have you seen them live?") Complimenting hair, nails and shoes is a bit iffy as she may think you're not straight and genuinely interested in it for yourself. Anyway, by complimenting her, she'll be flattered and want to share some story about said item, which gets you going on a conversation, bonus points if you also have a background or interest in the item and a story you can share. The conversation will start flowing from there. Once you're ready to wrap up and get out of there, act like you're in hurry, "Hey I gotta go but I'd like to talk to you some more, text me your phone number okay?"
    If you've reached this point and she's been talking with you without trying to blow you off (re: giving short answers to everything you ask: "YOU: "where'd you get those shoes?" HER: "Amazon." *silence*...) then you'll likely get it. It's all touch and go, but you got to get out there to get experience. Feel it out as you go, it won't ever be perfect, but if you do it enough you'll find success. Good luck, God bless.

P.S. -- A good thing to keep in mind: for many reasons, a lot of chicks get nervous talking to guys too: It could be that they're inexperienced themselves, or they're not used to being hit on, they don't like being hit on, or they're just shy. Don't take it personal, just try your best.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
  5. HardWorkOnly

HardWorkOnly Fapstronaut

Thank you very much for your response,i think if i give compliments to random girls they know that i want to get their numbers,they are not stupid.So i think telling her straight forward what you want is good idea but atill i am inexperienced so i might be wrong

RobbyGo36 likes this.
  6. HardWorkOnly

HardWorkOnly Fapstronaut

everyonecan sense when someone wants something more, plus most of the times there ia no back story so she will say just thanks to the compliment and the conversation is over,then i have to get more personal[/QUOTE]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
  7. No, because people of all genders and ages give compliments to strangers all the time, i.e. "I really like that bike, man, I had one but I sold it", "Where did you get that tattoo?, it's really awesome! See this is mine...", "That really is a cool hat, I haven't seen anything like it", etc etc

People wear things because it's closely tied to their identity, so what you're doing essentially is pointing out, "Hey, you're unique-- I'd like to know more about you". They also love to talk about themselves and be listened to, so you're giving them that opportunity.

Yes, they can sense when someone wants something more, the question is do they want to buy what you're offering? If you're genuine and enthusiastic with your approach, then most likely, yes.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
  8. If there's no back story, then you can try to improvise, if nothing comes to mind move on. You can't win them all, but if you keep going you'll win some. Flirting with people is an art not a science

I'd agree with you on the direct approach, but it doesn't work when you don't know the girl. Girls don't like random guys asking them for their numbers outright. She doesn't have any idea who you are or what you're about, you're a danger to her really, until you prove otherwise, which is done by talking with them.

9. vibemaker

vibemaker Fapstronaut

My Journal
    When you ask directly for the number, most girls will think: "Why does this guy even like me?"

And you haven't found out either, if you like her.

RobbyGo36 likes this.
  10. This girl is a human being. She expects more from you than directly asking for her number.

You wanna meet her? Or just take her number? If you genuinely want to meet this girl, you won’t even think about her number. You’ll just enjoy the moment.
    That’s why I say it’s begging. You ask for something.

give instead of trying to get.

RobbyGo36 and Marshall 5 like this.