1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Should I consider dating if I don't think I'm ready for a relationship?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by itchbattle, Oct 8, 2017.

1. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

All of that with one exception I don’t agree that a woman’s sexual past should be viewed any differently than a mans. So a woman who has had many sexual partners is no worse or better than a man who has.

Queen_Of_Hearts_13 likes this.
  2. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

Sure, you can date, just mention to the girl, that you just want to talk first or be friends, so you don't confuse her and make her expect more. Once you feel ready, look for the one girl you want to have a relationship with

3. Rodrigov600

Rodrigov600 Fapstronaut

HAHAHAHA I KNEW IT WHEN I SAW THE THREE Hs!!!!

COREY COREY COREY!!!

4. Give it a go given that you haven't been on dates for years as I understood. I mean you could start going on dates and kiss, see how it goes. i had the same doubt (i was a s and p addict). i am 25, soon to be 26. i felt the same way that given i don't want to feel trapped in the same relationshis failures I had to I work on myself and be alone for a while. Don't forget to work on yourself in the meantime as long as it doesn't interfere with the success of your reboot you can date

Sc8r51o1n likes this.
  5. Superadders

Superadders Fapstronaut

Would definitely suggest going on dates - will be good reference experience and good to build your confidence. Might also be a good way for you to find out what kind of woman youre looking for.

"I dont think Im boyfriend material" - why is that? Do something about this (as well as nofap of course). Keep working on yourself like its a never ending mission. Focus on career, hobbies, exercise, social skills etc etc.

Just out of curiosity, why not interested in having casual partners?

6. messanger

messanger Fapstronaut

Clearly all the opinions from the thread participants here are valid but I would like to add maybe something that was not touched upon , the value system of the party that enjoys variety over .....ahem I cant find the word , the opposite of variety. As well as where that urge to have abundant sexual encounters come from , perhaps that person did not have the resources or necessary ego strength to find out where that urge is coming from , I am not convinced that a person with strong sexual urges have solely a high sex drive fueling it. Could be something else we don't know and all theories are generalizations in broad strokes until we break things down.