1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Should I consider running at 10kmph the high intensity exercise?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by New Challenger, Jan 3, 2018.

1. New Challenger

New Challenger Fapstronaut

running at 10kmph for 35-45 minutes, should I consider this as high intensity exercise? or just moderate intensity? Thanks guys.

2. scsman77

scsman77 New Fapstronaut

The first question I would ask is are you monitoring your heart rate. Your heart rate is a good gauge of your activity level. Take your age and subtract it from 220. That is your max heart rate. Moderate intensity would be activities that put your heart rate at 50%-70% of your heart rate. High intense exercise will elicit a heart rate that is 70% of your Max Heart Rate or higher.

Are you new to running or experienced?

3. New Challenger

New Challenger Fapstronaut

Thanks for the reply and the method provided scsman. For your first question, I found it hard to monitor my heart rate while running, its not that obvious and I would easily confused whether it is the heart beat or just the footstep, I would need to install an app on my phone to measure the heart beat correctly. However I did try the talk test, during the first 20 minutes of running or so I have no problem at talking without the need to take a deep breath in between words, but later after that I do need to take deep breaths in order to complete a long sentense, but the breathless "near death experience" feeling that I had always experienced in the very first few weeks I have started exercising has long gone.

I have been exercising basically on a daily basis for 2 and a half months now, but I still consider myself as a new runner, 2 and a half months isnt long compares with people who have been running for years.