1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Should I go back to school/college for something I may like?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Anonymous86, May 1, 2019.

1. Anonymous86

Anonymous86 Fapstronaut

I feel so undecided because I feel like the only thing I'm losing in the process is money if I dislike the course. But it seems like more. Maybe I'm looking at this from a negative perspective?

2. Bale

Bale Fapstronaut

Learning should be a lifelong process, not just something you do once to get a degree. Once you've got your degree and started full-time work, it takes a bit more organization and/or sacrifices though. I did get back to studying and I am planning to take more courses in the future, just because they sound interesting and fun. Feel free to give it a try, talk to professors to get an idea if the course is for you.

3. Anonymous86

Anonymous86 Fapstronaut

I have no college degree. I'm at that point where I'm eager to go back in though and am desperate to do something new. They have a technical writing course that I'm curious to try because it satisfies an English Elective for Liberal Arts. But if I hate it then, I feel like it'll be a waste. Is it really or is my mindset screwed up? I fucking wanna do school, but I've had a boredom mindset with school for so long. It sucks, but I know I can get passed the boredom issue (due to PMO IMO).

This is my way out from addiction because cognitively, I know I'll be accountable for spending money at school and passing the classes myself and what better way to keep busy from PMO is by doing school? ;-)