1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Should I make a move?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Aristotle758, May 22, 2017.

1. Aristotle758

Aristotle758 Fapstronaut

Here's my situation:

I have this girl-friend who I have confusing emotions about. I met her about 4 years ago and I was into her in the beginning. She had a boyfriend, a long-term relationship, but one of my friends kept telling me not to worry about him and that she was obviously into me.

To be honest, my girl-friend his a really warm person: she always been a little touchy with me (hugs, kiss of the cheek) and affection.

I eventually met her boyfriend and see that they were a loving couple. He was a super nice guy. My feelings fade, and we were just friends from that time, no problem at all.

Now, she broke up with her bf a couple of months ago. My feelings came back. Since that time we saw each other a little bit more, she presented me to most of her family (father, mother, sister) and she even said jokingly I'm part of the family.

So yesterday, we spent all day together cause she invited to this show out of town. We did a little road-trip, went to the show and ultimately came back to her place. We slept in the same bed, just exhausted by all the driving.

Nothing physical happens, but before sleeping she told me how much she had during the day, she had moments of true happiness, and she just really enjoyed the moment with me.

At that moment, I was just really confused about my feelings. Is there something more than just friendship developing here?

So... should I make a move? Should I tell her about my feelings for her?

On the other hand, I just worried about messing up a really good friendship with illusions. Maybe what I'm perceiving is just an illusion, cause she always been very affectionate even when she had a boyfriend at it was cleared nothing could happen.

So what do you think...?

I'm on the start of a 90-day reboot and during the journey, I will be trying to improve my relationships. Clearing this emotions-confusion situation seems important on my journey.

Aristotle758

P.S.
    English is not my first language, sorry for the mistakes.

2. Nigel19841984

Nigel19841984 Fapstronaut

I'm terrible with women (I am working on it though!!!!) so take my advice with a pinch of salt.

In your position i'd ask myself some questions like do i like her more than a friend, is she single, would i like to go on a date with her, do we get on? If you answer yes to all the questions then ask her out.

Of course there are risks, she could say no, it could be awkward and it may affect your friendship. I was in a similar position to you and I asked the female in question out and SHE SAID NO!!!! But do you know what, i'm glad I tried. At the time I felt bad and silly for asking but looking back now i'm glad I did. I was torturing myself thinking of her and feeling helpless because I was too scared to ask her out. I'm getting in great shape now so when she sees me next she'll hopefully feel silly for saying no (well i hope HA HA HA).

If you think it's worth the risk then do it, if you're content just being friends then perhaps not.

That's my two cents worth of advice, it's up to you and you're in the situation so I think deep down you know what to do.

3. You will never know unless you ask that is my advice. All this wondering and doubting is only going to burn you up inside because you really want to know if she’s into you but you are too afraid to ask. Well what if she does feel the same way? You will never find out unless you let your intentions be known. If you don’t then she might meet another guy and then you will be friend zoned into oblivion forever wondering what could have been if only you had talked to her about it.

So do what a real man would do and let your feelings be known to her there is no need to hide behind this wall of fear that you have built up. If she does not feel the same way, then so what? Plenty more fish in the sea you will meet so many other girls over your life time that you will realise that there is more than one soul mate out there for all of us. No need to give your power away to one girl. If you don’t do something someone else will and I think you would prefer to tell us a success story instead of one about some random guy stealing your girl ;)

4. Aristotle758

Aristotle758 Fapstronaut

Thanks a lots guys!

I don't want to rush into telling her... I will see her a couple of times soon and will try to evaluate the situation between us.

But I do think you're right. I cannot just let this pass and regret never telling her... it's the worst feeling in the end.

A41:14A, w95chris and Nigel19841984 like this.
  5. w95chris

w95chris Fapstronaut

I have to agree with the guys above @Aristotle758 you have to tell her how you feel.Right now you have two choices as i see it:

1)Do not tell her anything and keep all your feelings inside you.By doing that you keep your friendship with her but she will find another guy and then you can't do anything because that ship has sailed and not to mention that you will always wonder what if she liked me?What if i was wrong?What if this what if that

2)Tell her and relieve yourself from that burden on your shoulders but risk your friendship if she does not feel the same.If she does not feel the same you may feel awkward and disappointed but then those feelings will go away.In their place you will be relived that you told her whatever the result and looking back you will feel proud.

Take your time though and don't rush things too much.Find the perfect way to tell her and the perfect moment.I do not think that you can say: "Hi i like you a lot and i want to be in a relationship with you" because that would be weird to say the least.Anyways find courage and talk to her before that ship sails and your chance goes out of the window

Nigel19841984 likes this.
  6. Hey bud. If I were you I would try to bring it up with her in a casual way when you're hanging out. Something like "it's always so nice when we hang out. When I get into a relationship, I'd like it to be with someone like you." (Girl: what do you mean?) "just comfortable and relaxed, ya know? That's funny to think about, me and you. Do you think we would ever work?"

Then just see what she says! If she seems to laugh at the idea like "no way, you're like a bro to me!" Then you laugh too "haha yah it'd be too weird!"
    But she might just say "I don't know, it might..." and start staring into your eyes with her head cocked to one side. In which case, you would put your arm around her, look down, if she looks up, kiss her!

I'll await my wedding invite ;)

Nigel19841984 likes this.
  7. The Consigliere

The Consigliere Fapstronaut

Don't wait. I made a mistake in your position minus the part about her having a boyfriend. Tell her how you feel and go from there. I'm sure you'll be fine. She's obviously showing a lot of interest in you and it's better to find out if that interest is either friendly or more than friendly. Make the move dude and good luck!

8. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

You slept in the same bed.... and nothing happened?:confused:

9. IamRick

IamRick Fapstronaut

Exactly.

Move on. Your friendzoned so hard nothing good will come of it. Telling her will only dig you deeper since shes been conditioned to see you as just a friend & nothing more, your only chance of getting her is to distance yourself & reset the relationship. Give her image of you as a friend time to fade then re engage at a later date, i'd strongly suggest pursuing other women in the mean time.

10. The Consigliere

The Consigliere Fapstronaut

"One simply cannot stay in the friendzone if they realize they are in the friendzone with a female they are interested in." - Me

11. Friendzoned bro. Gtfo of there man.. She said you're part of her family? You slept in the same bed w/o doing anything physical? Friendzoned.
    You are worried about ruining this friendship if you make a move? Why? She's either into you or she's not. I think you're friendzoned, but if your not then you get the girl. If you make a move and she is just a friend, that friendship might be ruined and awkward. This is a GOOD thing. Being just friends with girls can be a good thing, only if both people are on board. You obviously have a thing for her

12. N.P.

N.P. Fapstronaut

I think that you should tell her everything. From my experience, if you keep many thoughts about someone locked inside it'll just hurt you in the end.

13. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Fapstronaut

@Aristotle758 I think your behaviour in bed was really cool and she likes that.

I thinks she is seeking for physical contact, but she wants to wait with sex, because she wants to know if you are able to control yourself.

If you ask me, next time you walk with her, just reach out your hand, and maybe she takes it.
    Or just lie your arm around her.

Show her you are a strong man who has feelings, who is touchy, who is able to protect her, and who is in control of himself.

N.P. and The Consigliere like this.