1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Should I move out?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Hey Everyone,

I am having a hard time with this. I am trying to decide if I should move out of the apartment that my brother and sister live in. I love them both, but over time, after seeing what activities that they are into. I find that I am much different than both of them.

You see when I come home from work I always think about resting a little bit and then when my brain has settled down from the hectic state of work. I think about stuff like starting a business or writing a book or doing animation on Blender/Maya. The problem is with this is that my brother and sister usually just watch youtube videos or are watching movies on their laptops. This shouldn't be an issue but the problem is, they do it a lot and they expect me to hang out with them. Like I said, I love them both but I am willing to sacrifice doing that stuff to live a better life.

At one point, I wanted to start a business with my brother but he doesn't show much initiative. Like we talk about it but we never put together a game plan. With Covid happening now, he talks about how he wants to invest in stocks. I was with him, however after a couple days. I decided to check up with him about it and all the sudden he said he just wasn't interested.

It is stuff like this that I really don't want to hang out with either of them. Maybe if I had a long day at work but honestly, I am going to be 28 at the end of April. I find that my life is boring and I want things to change. Also, part of the reason why I stay with both of them is because I save a lot on rent.

To anyone who reads this, what should I do? I am caught between staying and moving out to really start my life.

2. Moving out is not a crime. You should be able to do it guilt free.

Also a word of advice, never open business with people just cause they happen to be relations of yours.

3. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

Tough, i had the same situation with my dad. We moved into an apartment together after i dropped out of college. I was 24. I was depressed and felt like my life was going nowhere working in the food industry. I felt like if i stayed i wouldn't get the most out of my life. My dad on the other hand was working a 9 to 5 making good money. He was okay. One day i packed my bags and left a note for him saying i left. No face to face goodbye. Maybe i was a coward for that. Looking back now i probably would have done the same and left but maybe i would have told him face to face. First few months officially on my own in a new city, I lived in my car, crashed on acquaintances couches in the hood. 3 years later i have my own place. It took me 2 to 3 years to do that. I proud of every minute.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. James AL

James AL Fapstronaut

i think you need to have your own ME-time or alone time, you should talk to them first and i believe they can understand you. you dont have to move out to have that ME-time if you have your own room. Talk to them about how you feel .

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. April 2020 Help

April 2020 Help Fapstronaut

I would get your priorities straight. If you are thinking about moving out you might not be able to do it during lockdown.

Also are you starting a business or investing in stocks? I wouldn’t do both as you will need cash to get your business going. Don’t invest in stocks unless you are investing for the long term (5 plus years).

6. April 2020 Help

April 2020 Help Fapstronaut

I forgot to say, if you are thinking about moving out you have more than likely made your decision but don’t want to admit it yet.