1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Should I sign up for volunteer work after the pandemic ends?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by unnamed friend, Nov 14, 2020.

1. unnamed friend

unnamed friend Fapstronaut

It might be a better thing to do then being in my room entire day, but at the same time I'm frightened about the thought of having to interact with so many people in a short period of time. I want to meet new people, but I'm scared of socializing.

GeeJ, RobbyGo36 and Knighthawk like this.
  2. I get you bro but I think that first of all its really generous of you to voulenteer. Go for it! Thats what "getting out of your comfort zone" is all about.
    Which kind of voulnteer on your mind?

RobbyGo36 likes this.
  3. unnamed friend

unnamed friend Fapstronaut

I think almost anything, I'm not very picky in this regard.

4. Given that you're not doing anything at the moment, it seems like now would be the perfect time for you to volunteer rather than later when you might have a job and responsibilities.

You can volunteer for some things without having to be physically present. For instance, I recently did virtual phone banking for an election campaign. All it required of me was one hour a day, my laptop and phone and a willingness to speak to strangers.

In any case, good on you for thinking of others.

5. Yeah, if you have the time for it and you really want to. I kinda wanna volunteer for the fire brigade but I have a job and I'm studying now and want to get back into martial arts. Maybe tell the people you work with that you're shy and want to build yourself up, which is one of the reasons why you want to volunteer.

6. There are a lot of people out there who need help with daily living needs, like Meals on Wheels. Do a search and call one of the numbers. Baby steps.