1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Should I Start to Workout?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Nov 10, 2014.

1. I've Been in Vacillating Moods for Joining a Gym or Not Since Yesterday. I Go To Play Football or Jog Sometimes in The Morning,But That isn't Enough.I can Also Just Sleep in My Bed and Not go to Jog when I'm Sleepy in The Morning.I'm Not Regular in Exercising. So Should I Join Gym Again?[actually I Left Gym 9 Months Ago due to My Exams and Never Thought to Go Back].I Masturbated ad Edged Daily when I Used to Workout a Year Ago or So,and It Destroyed My Workout to be honest.So A Question For You Fapstronauts,Will Working out help me in my Reboot and my Studies as Well?

2. Ekhangel

Ekhangel Fapstronaut

Try and see. Lifting improves my mood - endorphins and such. Plus, a feeling of accomplishment of ANY sort motivates you to further struggle - it brings more positive elements into your life that counterweight the urge to wank. It's not an always applicable principle though, so you just have to explore yourself. This is probably not the answer you were expecting, but SHIT, I am just having an urge myself now.

Keep strong, buddy.

And don't capitalize every f...ng word.

3. RadTrad

RadTrad Fapstronaut

"Should I start to workout?"

Unequivocally YES. I think this is something every man should do, regardless. Not every man is equally "built" or equally eager to work out, but don't let that stop you. What matters is not how much you can lift, its how much you are trying. Every man should make at least some effort to excercise, it benefits you in SO many ways.

And not least of those ways is helping to fight PMO. When you work out, I have found that you feel less tempted, feel less need for it, and you feel better about yourself in general, which makes it easier to laugh off the temptation.

4. Thanks for Your Suggestions.I'm Looking forward to discuss with few more people and I'll surely take the right decision required for my Reboot. Anyone with similar or alternative thoughts are still welcomed on this thread. :)

5. Ekhangel

Ekhangel Fapstronaut

Yeah, sports generally help. I have recently got into swimming 3 times a week. Any progress in that field (improving my style, stamina) gives me personal satisfaction and improves self-esteem of which low level had often led me into wanking in the past.

IMHO It's not like sports themselves lower your libido or kill your urges. They just allow you to taste some life outside your pixel girlfriends.

6. Thanks for Your Suggestions.I'm a Big Fan of Football and I Love Playing it Too.

7. Lifting is one of the natural ways to enter the euphoric zone. I've only entered it once but it's incredible. I was extremely tired and was training abs doing weighted crunches and had my headphones in, i don't know how but upon the song dropping with the rise in testosterone and tiredness it created a feeling like that godly feeling you get when you O.

So to answer your question yes you should because drugs are expensive and ruin your life and training is free up to a point and only gives benefits.

8. TeddyBear

TeddyBear Guest

Regardless of what you're going through, exercise helps in so many various facets of life that it cannot be understated. So that is an undeniable yes from me.

9. FutureGuitarGod

FutureGuitarGod Banned by User Request

I'd say that you should definitely start. Any activity is good, but it may be a great time to start lifting within two weeks time. Our baseline testosterone levels increase after abstaining from masturbation, but they quickly return to normal. One way to boost T levels is to start lifting weights. Compound exercises that work more than two muscles (deadlifts, bench presses, etc.) are best for boosting T production.

10. elep

elep Fapstronaut

I just started working on my core.. I understand now that I am gaining a lot of time by not doing PMO.