1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Should I ?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by vksrjm, Apr 24, 2021.

1. vksrjm

vksrjm New Fapstronaut

Good afternoon, Chads!

Today I decided to tell you my story and ask for your advice about
    how should I proceed with my friend ?

Girls always told me I am handsome; I am tall, shredded body, confidence, money+ and on my way to become a doctor
    I never had problem with getting attention from girls, but the thing is that I don't want a girl now.
    I just want to work more on myself and one day maybe get a serious girl, though never marry or have kids - I have made my choices.

So...
    Throughout school I had a girl best friend
    She is a very good looking girl(people rate her 9/10), but I never liked her more than just a friend. She was platonic for me, though people always said we are secretly dating, which is not true.
    We used to help each other with stuff, talk about our future plans and in the end started studying at the same college. We are still very close, help with college material - I give her my notes, she gives me her notes and everything is good.

She was very kind and everybody loved her and used to tell me I am gay if I don't like her, but she simply didn't attract me and she knew that.
    I think that she secretly had a crush on me.
    She was the one to always initiate our contact, text and offer ideas for both of us.
    Over the years I was giving her clear signs that I am not interested, but she even behaves like we are something more.
    That btw doesn't stop her to fuck with other dudes. On the other hand she always finds a way to cockblock me when I talk to or have something tomantic with other girls.

The last 2-3 years, her behaviour changed.
    I started seeing the evil thing she does at most areas of life: gossip about people's sexual life, stalking them on social media, cheating at exams(and dudes), talking about how important are money, feminism, independent women, social status, prestige and other bullshit. She thinks she is a lot more than the other girls and people overall. I do not tolerate that.
    So I decided to slowly distance myself from her but she is still my friend so I don't want to offend her. She says that I have changed - behave like and old man, no longer the cool boy, no longer the old me...but I just think that I matured and she is a kid.
    She tries reminding me about how good I was in the past - sending me old photos of us, talking stories, but I just don't like how she changed over the years.

NoFap made me realise it's hard to be a best friend with a girl - I am not gay but my eyes opened and I see that she uses me to boost her ego and slows me down the long run. But she is still a friend that I respected before so I don't know what to do...

What do you guys think I should do ?
    Proceed being her "bestie" or abandon her and focus on my life and carreer?

Have a wonderful day!
    Thank you!

2. vikingsarehere

vikingsarehere Fapstronaut

Forget her, man it's such a bummer that it's hard to find honest girls these days.
    If she cheats on other guys she is not good material for friendship or intimacy. Move on and do not look back.

vksrjm likes this.
  3. a cheater is a very bad girl . she just doesnt give a fuck about peoples feelings . why cheat? why dont just have a breakup ? leave her man . she is low quality

vksrjm likes this.
  4. Defytheodds

Defytheodds Fapstronaut

In my opinion , you dont have to leave her nor stay "best friends with her" , you should move on with your journey and make a new intimate cercle of friends , and keep her on the highschool friends list, it's just how life goes, you will meet people that you think will never leave your side but one day everything changes, so you just hope for the best.
    Good luck on your journey, don't be hateful or try to find reasons to distance yourself, you were best friends at one point, she pretty much influenced who you became even for a small % .
    i think your question should be , should i confront her or ghost her?
    follow ur gut

vksrjm likes this.
  5. matt2k12

matt2k12 Fapstronaut

Hi, I can almost relate, because right now, I'm in kind of a similar situation. There is a girl I'm not attracted to, but she always reaches out to me and we end spending time together. I don't know wether she likes me or not, I hope not, probably she does, but I never give her false hope. Initially i thought i should cut the contact, but now i don't believe i should do that, because that would be selfish.

You gotta ask yourself: What is a relationship? If you see women only as objects to f - then yes, in that regard I would be right to cut her off from my life. But I don't see them as objects - or try not to (something I am in the process of learning during my nofap journey). Right now I get three benefits from my relationship with her: 1 - I get to spend time with a female and so learn more about females, 2 - Honestly, the time we spend together is not bad, and I get my joy out of it, 3 - I get the opportunity to enrich someone else with my presence. Point Three is Key: after all, I'm not living (or try not to) for the sake of myself. I don't view (or try not to) every entity in the world as being a potential lever for my own happiness. I'm not placing myself (or try not to) in the center of the universe. This is part of growing up dude. We're all dependable. Ultimately, all fruits of our personal growth and success should not be directed inwards, but outwards. That's where real value comes from.

The answer to your question is therefore simple. You gotta find out yourself. 1. Ask yourself, and be honest, what relationships are to you - if you see women only as objects to f, well, then god help you. 2. Ask yourself, what are the benefits from your relationship with that particular gal. If there are none, there is always this one, although you might not think of it, and she certainly has no clue that she provides it to you: she gives you the opportunity to rise above yourself, and help her in her life. By helping her, you will grow hundred times more, than in any under circumstances that you seek growth in with your intellect, regardless of whether you are successful with your help or not. And from what I perceive in your text, you would be able to help her, because you seem to be smart and see things as they are. You see what faults she has, how bad she behaves - do you believe she knows? Be a real friend to her, and help her, to get better. Tell her, that she's ruining the life of others and herself by her action. Maybe, if you speak up, and be bold, you will cause division, but believe me, your words will have an impact on her, and maybe she will change, in one month, or one year from now, without you ever knowing.. Sometimes, this is all people need. A kick in the butt from a friend, or a mirror, i know from my own experience. And if you don't speak up, and just abandon her, think of the consequences; she will probably go on doing what she does, ruining her life and that of others, contributing towards the amount of chaos and evil in the world. Do you really want that to happen? You are too part of the world and so responsible.. All the best