1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Should we really be that worried about this coronavirus?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Mistersofty, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

They’re now saying that the virus cannot be contained and that it’s going to spread rapidly once it hits the states. I’m starting to feel a bit nervous. Trump is even gonna address the nation tonight I think.

2. BlindSisyphus

BlindSisyphus Fapstronaut

Everything you just said should answer your question: go get some masks and some food. If you can get em. Where I am all N95 masks are gone in every hardware store and walmart. P95 and p100 actually will work just fine, chances are people don't know that and that is why all the p95 and p100 masks are still there. Unfortunately, they are more expensive, but hey, get what you can.

3. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

Maybe I’ll just get a gas mask. lol!

ItsSeal likes this.
  4. BlindSisyphus

BlindSisyphus Fapstronaut

Milsurp masks are hard to find filters for. Make sure you can get filters before you get the mask.

5. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

When there is more outbreaks in my area, I’ll be more concerned. It sucks we have to deal with stuff like this in 2020, you’d think we would have eradicated all diseases by now.

6. Kligor

Kligor Fapstronaut

I will be honest,i don't care,i will die someday anyway.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    Leader of ME and BravelyKegger like this.
  7. Nah don’t be nervous man, what happens happens.

pezzer, vxlccm and Espi1971 like this.
  8. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

I don't think we should worry but it's a good idea to take certain precautions like washing hands regularly and staying away from people who've recently been to affected areas.

Mistersofty likes this.
  9. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

I dont think you should be nervous. There were far more worse disease in the past and there are way more other diseases that you should be more woried about. I am not a medical expert but for example, obesitas is a more dangerous world health problem.

10. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

I was listening to a medical expert and he was saying the problem is we don't fully understand it and that why it's so dangerous. From what I can tell people are dying from it because it's a new diseases and the human body doesn't cope well with new diseases.

ItsSeal likes this.
  11. Ibnmorales

Ibnmorales Fapstronaut

I have mix options on it , I am worried like anyone else but at the same time the government is a deciving snake and thrives off creating chaos, so yeah

12. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

@Mistersofty

it's a virus camed from chineses bats like SARS and MERS, and with some ''spillover'' effect it cames to the man with an unknown intermediate ospite. So the immune system is not completely prepered to fight it. But don't panic

It can cause trouble becaming pandemic , but you shouldn't bother about yourselves health. Risk subjects are : immunodepress patient (aids , trasplants ecc) , people with low general health state , and expecially +65 years old people.
    At this moment the mortality is near 3% , almost all subject to risk. SARS and MERS had a mortality of 24% -40%.

So i don't think you should be nervous , i'm italian, i'm not nervous . The concerns go to people at risk and the possibilities that some Nations with bad health system won't contain this new virus.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    Espi1971, BluesHockey and Mistersofty like this.
  13. On this note, I am reminded that many past so called epidemics went by with very little actual effects but a truckload of panic

Espi1971 and Mistersofty like this.
  14. ahighertruth

ahighertruth Fapstronaut

Honestly i dont care and people are making it a bigger deal than it is. No confirmed deaths in the US so far.

15. ResistanceBob

ResistanceBob Fapstronaut

You should not worry. I am from the United Kingdom which is a very congested island and I have faith in my healthcare and people with the virus have been contained already and people traced who was in contact, I assume the USA also have excellent health care and the correct measures in place to stop the spread.
    I would be worried if I was from a country that was 2nd world.

Mistersofty likes this.
  16. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

I like where your head’s at.

vxlccm likes this.
  17. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

Every virus requires a different vaccine, so if it’s new, then unfortunately it takes time to formulate a vaccine to counter it.

vxlccm likes this.
  18. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

Yeah, I don’t think it’s that deadly. Similar to the flu I believe.

19. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

That’s the scary part, but I think that if you a healthy adult, it shouldn’t be a life threatening situation, or at least I hope not.

20. If we die, we won’t be able to relapse

Deleted Account, vxlccm and Espi1971 like this.