1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Moms

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Deleted Account, Jan 9, 2023.

1. Lately, I've been thinking that it is better to date a woman that has no children because it's less baggage. Right before I relapsed on new year's day 2023, I decided to go out and about to talk to girls. One girl I met at a Walmart I used to go to school with. We started chatting for a little bit and she mentioned that she has a daughter but I liked her so I gave her my IG when she asked for it and I was pretty enthused because this girl seems great and she's attractive to me too and funny. When I mentioned her to my parents, they brought me back down to reality and discouraged me to talk to a woman with kids. They are right. I don't want a woman with children. I think I'd inherently feel bad for raising another man's child and it's more baggage considering that the father might still be in the picture.

Should I tell this woman why I ghosted her? Or just drop it? (we did start texting through IG as well). This is the 2nd time I ghosted a single mother in the last few months (First time was worse since it was with a woman I started dating and talking to).

2. ForgottenRealms999

ForgottenRealms999 Fapstronaut

It comes down to what YOU want. If you have decided that this isn’t a good situation for you, then I think it would be mature and polite to let this woman down gently instead of ghosting her. Just be honest.

3. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

If it were me I would just stop responding to messages, etc. She will likely soon get the hint. Many women and men in today's dating scene are probably used to it, and personally speaking, I would rather not talk about it...this includes when I'm being ghosted AND when I'm doing the ghosting.

4. Be honest to her. She will respect you for telling her, instead of ignoring her.

@Espi1971 This may be today's norm but not everyone should follow it. Be honest and speak to the person. I'd rather someone tells me whatever they need to rather than being ignoring. It's childish in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2023
  5. BlackPilledMonk68

BlackPilledMonk68 Fapstronaut

I mean you just ask if she needs a FWB we are in a different time now and single moms don't get away with stuff angmofe ....

Id be honest and be blunt if a positive situation isnt possible, but idk how normies are nowadays

The man with the plan likes this.
  6. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

@M_H your post to me is disrespectful and I don't appreciate it.

OP asked for an opinion and I simply offered mine. I could give 2 shiats about what you think.

If you have nothing nice to say to me then ignore me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2023
  7. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

I wouldn't worry about what others are doing. If it makes you feel better and you want to be brutually honest then you should do it, but I don't think it's going to help anybody or make much of a difference in the end.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
  8. Ghosting is so disrespectful!
    If you are not able to handle this sort of mature communication, I wonder why you are dating in the first place.

Warrior4Freedom, M_H and TGAguy like this.
  9. I apologise if you took what I said in the wrong way. Honestly, I was not attacking you. The problem with typing messages online is you don't see the intent behind them. My intention was not to disrespect you. It was only to open up a dialogue. Again, I'm sorry for that.

I hope you have a good day wherever you are. All the best.

The man with the plan likes this.
  10. KevinesKay

KevinesKay Fapstronaut

I married a single mom. I don't regret it. Being in my 30's at the time, I just didn't think it was realistic to narrow down my options knowing that many good available women in my age group already had children.

hhh999, JEATER, Roady and 4 others like this.
  11. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

Your post comes across as somewhat condescending and a bit arrogant. I wonder if your hero, Jesus Christ, would post such a message? You might want to review your bible, specifically, the part about not judging others?

12. Serious question. How are you today? Emotionally speaking. Is everything okay on your side?

Roady likes this.
  13. Thank you guys. I realize being honest instead of ghosting is harder for me but the better way to go. Thanks!

Meshuga, silex_jedi, Espi1971 and 3 others like this.
  14. Well I have a follower here who is reading my ways very accurate.
    And now he needs to judge me with some facts out of my life just to defend somebody else?

I agree that sometimes the tone is not the right one.
    But what I learn from the "hero" you need to mention here, is that I treat the other like I like to be treated.
    Ghosting is not fun, I know from my own experiences.
    Ghosting is immature behavior, ghosting is rejection. It's painful and very frustrating.
    How I know that? I'm dealing with somebody who ghosted me in this period.
    The younger people learn how to say "no" the more pure and mature they become.
    When somebody is not able to "reject" the other in a kind way, yes, I think (s)he needs to do more homework first as there is enough pain of rejection in this world.

Fun fact when others blame others for judging, do you see the judge in your own post? WHen I write "I wonder" you don't need to translate that into other things.
    Practice what you preach amigo :)
    What you show with your words is that you actually need more from the one you call "your hero" ;)

I see other posts here where you are pointing on others "mistakes" like a police officer. Feels good, no?
    But to stay in the language you seems to familiar with, isn't that exactly how the Pharisees behaved? Pointing on "the law" without showing mercy themselves?

15. That's the right way, my friend. All the best with that. Top man!

The man with the plan and Roady like this.
  16. Mic drop! :emoji_clap: You took the words right off my mouth. With all honesty, I'm wondering whether this person is doing well at the moment. I tried to ask but to no reply.. yet. What you said is the truth and I'm glad @The man with the plan realised what the right thing to do is.

Roady likes this.
  17. That's the most important thing here!

M_H likes this.
  18. I am a twenty-year old guy still in school and am hoping to find a woman without kids, I have no malice towards single mothers but I honestly cannot imagine myself being with one. Yes, I'd be passing up the opportunity to raise her ex's kids with my values, call me old fashioned but I feel like I am one of the few guys in this day and age where I just want to start my own family from scratch. If you are a guy that is dating one, good for you, you are doing a job that the deadbeat who got her pregnant should've been doing. But I want to raise my own flesh and blood not some loser's.

19. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

Oh no problem all is forgiven! yeah it musta been the Internet that caused me to think in "the wrong way."

I don't speak or comprehend Cyber-ese very well. That is very adult of you to aplogize you're clearly the bigger man here and/or you simply fear being reprimanded by the mods. Which would be rather childish in my opinion (not attacking you don't take it the wrong way just trying to get a dialogue going).

And a serious question: how is your mom doing emotionally? Tell her hello wherever she is these days we miss her. I know it must it be tough for her to admit that her son has masturbatory issues.

And don't take anything the wrong way just trying to get a dialogue going here but the problem with online is that you don't always see the intent of the message. I'll pray for her tonight when I'm in bed ;) ;)

Anyway have a great day and hopefully god keeps you in his loving care.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2023
    silex_jedi likes this.
  20. Thank you for acknowledging that I chose to be the normal one and don't worry, I didn't take your comment seriously. To answer your 'serious question', my mom is alive and doing well, thank you for asking. To be honest, it is tough but she doesn't broadcast it to the world. Nothing to boast about, I guess.

By the way keep talking, I am diagnosing you.