1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Skyrim; best or one of the best games ever?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by skyrimfanpaul, Jun 10, 2021.

1. skyrimfanpaul

skyrimfanpaul Fapstronaut

I had this game first on a thrift store PS3 first. I played it with out installing the add on quests of dawnguard or dragonborn DLC's. I was lost in it for around 6 weeks. I was unemployed and was glad to have a world to adventure in. I had no friends and dont have any still now. I am looking to chat to new people I am an Adult in my 30's.

2. The Friendly homie

The Friendly homie Fapstronaut

Skyrim was great bro

-Your friendly homie

modern milarepa likes this.
  3. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

05354B65-1921-46F5-A133-4A7B152424DE.jpeg Am I the only person who finds this thread wildly peculiar?

4. Freedom_from_PMO

Freedom_from_PMO Fapstronaut

It isn't even the best game in the series. Skyrim is the most overrated game in history, that's for sure.

5. Skyroㅤ

Skyroㅤ Fapstronaut

Skyrim is one of the games in history thats for sure

CarP and Lukos like this.
  6. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

I love it but it seems to trigger me, I don't know why. Maybe it's so good that it releases so much dopamine that I want to PMO again.

7. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

It's Todd Howard using a fake account, trying to build hype for his next game.

8. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

toddgrowingstronger.jpg

Skyrim is old news, it's all about Starfield.

9. Skyroㅤ

Skyroㅤ Fapstronaut

Oh boy I hope it isn't gonna launch and become No Man's Sky pre-"good" update or Fallout 76
    dxdxdxd

10. I say it's the best game of all time.

11. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

We'll find out on Sunday at the Xbox E3 show. I'm interested at least.

12. Coming from someone who has played the game extensively on PC... by itself, it's definitely a good game, although the PC port is far less stable and obviously, the game has not aged very well at all. Floaty combat, terrible UI, ugly character models, dull graphics, etc. But modded? Assuming you learn to do it right, do it well, and do it safely, it's one of the best games I've ever played with one of, if not the most active, varied, and biggest modding communities in gaming. I look forward to playing it again one day.

13. skyrimfanpaul

"It Just Works" :D

14. skyrimfanpaul

old isnt bad nessersarily, i am interested to see Starfield now Microsoft has the IP. Mircosoft had a game called freelancer, i wish they would have brought that to x box.

15. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I doubt Xbox will actually interfere that much with Bethesda, beyond trying to make it so their games arent broken at launch.

16. Didn't engage me tbh. The story didn't engage me, didn't really care either for the Imperials or the Stormcloaks. About the only story in the game that did appeal to me was the quest about the dog. The lack of a centering system during combat I found annoying. But I can't really fault them... Skyrim was released in 2012 and games which feature centering systems in combat like BotW or Witcher 3, which I confess I'm comparing the game to, came out much later. Still, had much more fun with Witcher 3.

Also, had an ethical qualm with trapping the souls of people or creatures in weapons and armor. That's just... unethical. Yeah I know it's game, but still....

skyrimfanpaul likes this.
  17. skyrimfanpaul

Stulcifer, hi,
    I think it meant a lot to me as when i first played it , i needed the distraction at the time, so I kinda fell in love with the world and the npc's in it, I just dove into it completely. I was fkg sad when i lost Meeko in a draugr cave. and Lydia was annoying! I married Aela the werewolf, I loved the werewolves. i don't compare it to anything (as in my mind Skyrim should never be compared to anything!). Witcher 3 was my go-to game here in 2020 covid lockdown in U.K Britain. I fell in love with Triss in Witcher 2 when i had it on 360. I continued that affair in 3 and pushed yenifer away as I am a loyal Triss simp, lol.

18. It wasn't my intention to denigrate your own experience with the game! I realize that a lot of people have found the game fun- hence it's widespread popularity. I was only sharing my own experience with the game. Yes I played Witcher 3 during 2020 lockdown too. I didn't care for Yennifer- I liked Triss better- Keira I accidentally killed. Somehow my Geralt ended up with her though. Oh well. I didn't know what I was doing most of the time.

skyrimfanpaul likes this.
  19. imo one of the most games of all time

20. I've heard only good things about it, might play it when I have the time