1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Sleep on the floor!

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. Get behind me Satan

Get behind me Satan Fapstronaut

I cannot recommend this enough. This shouldn't be too far fetched or extreme for Catholics to accept, monks and saints have been doing it for centuries - just look at St Anthony, now that's some insane ascetic living right there.

When I was abstinent in the past (I never called it NoFap as there is nothing new or popular about this to Catholics) sleeping in my bed would inevitably lead me to wake up 'involuntarily' pleasuring myself. I would spend about 5 minutes trying to justify what I was doing (more like a mental battle), but of the time 90% I gave in and just went for it; it made me feel guilty then I'd start slipping back into my old ways.

Besides the benefits of waking up at the crack of dawn I don't have the kinds of disorders mentioned above nor have I had a wet dream (been doing it for about three weeks now) and believe me I've had plenty of 'reasons' to release these days.

If you are serious about this journey / lifestyle I think you would be making an excuse not to do this. Find a way that works for you.

Pax Cristi.

Ps - I'd also work towards reducing the number of comforts in your life - besides the above, cold showers is an obvious one, and also I can't recommend fasting enough....

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    DeProfundis and Deleted Account like this.
  2. Wow man! Thank you. I have to say I know what you mean. Most of the times I relapse are in the morning or at night in my bed. Most mornings I wake up with morning wood, so I just reach down and do it.

Can I ask how you do it? Do you allow yourself a pillow? Or no. And do you put a blanket beneath you, or just the floor?

3. koolpal

koolpal Fapstronaut

Sometimes as I do yoga just before bed, I'd pass out on the yoga mat.
    I don't do it on purpose, I guess I'm just so relaxed or tired that I eventually fall asleep.
    Then, I'd wake up in whatever yoga position I happened to be in.

No blanket. No pillow. Just a mat.

4. Get behind me Satan

Blanket under me and wrapped over me, with two pillows. There will come a time where you will want to crawl back into bed, I won't lie, but this is your body choosing comfort rather what is good for you.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. Get behind me Satan

Hardcore if you can manage that, personally I'd get too cold.

koolpal likes this.
  6. Thank you for replying! I definitely want to try it. Thank you!