1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Slightest Hint of Temptation

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. I pray in Jesus's name to find the right words. We are all sinners, and when we fall, we come to this safe site to express our remorse and seek support. Many of us go to confession to receive that grace of complete forgiveness. Many of us repeat this process for years, committing the same sin and going to confession.

Let me share a recent experience that was unlike others in the past. I had many months of no PMO. Then two days before Good Friday, I gave in to the temptation of PMO. Leading up to that, I decreased prayer and felt that something was off. After I fell, something happened that never happened before. In my soul, I knew that I was very far from God. My fall had caused me to ache in my heart. I was panicked at the thought of lost grace. I was desperate to get to confession. It was before Good Friday, and the churches in the area had concluded their penance services. I reached out to a priest on that Thursday by e-mail but then sent a follow-up e-mail because I knew that the priest would be very busy over the next four days.

I was desperate to find confession. Luckily I remembered a Catholic Center near me that has confession all day (It is a Franciscan center). I have never been more grateful to have that grace. Receiving Communion on Easter was such a privilege. Since then, I have prayed the rosary every day. I wear the Brown Scapular of Our Lady with reverence.

This is what I want to highlight about this experience. I am aware now of the first movement of temptation. In a blink of an eye, I can feel it. When I do, I immediately begin to pray. I never want to commit a mortal sin again. I never want to feel a void in my soul because of the loss of Grace. I am so happy that I am Catholic because of the Sacraments and what they mean to us.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, St. Maria Goretti, and our Guardian Angels, please help us to remain faithful and trust in Jesus.

CPilot, Pathfinder01, born3 and 2 others like this.
  2. What a blessing you felt the state of your soul after falling. What a blessing don't wanting to commit any mortal sin again. What a blessing being Catholics!

I also fell on Holy Week and felt terrible, but fortunately I could confess the same day. What a different feeling!

Thanks for sharing!

3. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

This feeling drove me to rehabilitation. Such an incredible loneliness. It was terrible but I never want to forget it. When I am tempted to give up/give in, I recall these feelings. I never want to go back there and I never want to rebuke God as I did. I pray I will be given the grace to always remember these things.

What an incredible blessing! If every Christian knew of benefits of being Catholic, our churches would be overflowing. Equally, if every Catholic recalled these benefits they would let nothing keep them away from the mass. It seems to me that if everyone recognized that we routinely put the very Body of Christ on display for silent prayer in Blessed Adoration the church would be packed. Shame on us for taking these things for granted.

Mara43 likes this.