1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Smoking weed and NoFap...

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by SLIPZ19, May 3, 2016.

1. SLIPZ19

SLIPZ19 Fapstronaut

Just a quick question to my fellow fapstronauts....

So I'm currently on day 65 and I feel really great about that, but I have to say that I have not felt the world of difference as many of the claims I have read on here. This is fine as I know this process takes time and everyone's path is different.

I would just like to know whether my smoking weed everyday (mainly at nights before bedtime) could still be having a negative effect on my progress? Do you think that if I smoked less while on this NoFap journey that I would see better results going forward? I certainly still feel tierd every morning from smoking and not energetic as everyone else on NoFap describes (this makes me wonder whether ANYONE on here actually does or has smoked weed??) Please I'm not really looking for a biased opinion against weed or drug use, but rather just some personal advice/experience that could be shared...I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

2. 65 days is great! Congrats!
    Well for sure a lot of the stories of how great it is to be PMO free are exaggerated. It's nice that's for sure.
    Lethargy is a pretty common side effect of weed in my experience. And smoking anything will reduce your energy level. I would say you need to quit weed, but it may not be so easy, it was hard for me, and I don't think I could quit both at once. The effect of weed lingers a long time and missing that high feeling triggered a low level depression in me for over a year... I am not unique in this... then again I was heavily into PMO at the time so who knows perhaps quitting both might have been easier for me.
    Anyway if you're wired like me my advice would be to complete your reboot get to at least 120 and then drop the weed and be on guard that you will probably feel worse for a long time, and consequently might get triggered into PMO... my reaction to weed is of course worst case (and I use PMO as a 'comfort' drug so feeling down is a trigger to PMO again)... some ppl just walk away from it like it's nothing... but it would suck if quitting weed triggered a relapse with PMO before you were rebooted.

3. traveller22

traveller22 Fapstronaut

Hi there.

That's a good question regarding the weed & it's effect on the reboot process. How do you feel about it's influence in your life generally? Do you find you're more at risk to PMO when you're high?

These days the only addiction I feel comfortable with is my coffee habit. Anything else I've cut out completely, as this is best fits with who I want to become & what I'm about.

Everyone's different, so I try not to judge. It comes down to the relationship between weed & PMO, for you. Maybe try refraining for a few weeks & see what effect it has on your energy levels & general state of mind.

Either way, keep going with the reboot!

Power.

T22.

4. SLIPZ19

SLIPZ19 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the responses guys.

To the 1st response; I have to say that the thought of having to deal with feeling depro for a long time after quitting weed is not appealing at all, but I understand that things have to get a lot worse before they get any better. I do wish to eventually quit as I don't see myself smoking forever, so I will consider quitting quite intensely. Otherwise I will consider ur other advice and seek to scale down as my reboot days increase. Perhaps that will also be a fitting metaphor to how times are improving haha.

To the 2nd response; I have to say that I have managed to move away from having the urge to fap while I'm high so I wouldn't say that weed directly affects my chances of relapsing. I do like the fact that you've ''cut out things that don't represent who you are" and I have to admit that I don't see my seeking stimulants such as weed to improve the current mood or state that I am in.

So it is quite clear that I have to quit smoking weed to be the person I want to be, however it does not have profound negative effects on my life right now. I will try abstaining from smoking for a period and compare how I feel. Thanks so much guys and best of luck with your respective challenges.

traveller22 likes this.
  5. traveller22

traveller22 Fapstronaut

SLIPZ19, keep rocking - you're going great guns!

Strength!

T22.

SLIPZ19 likes this.