1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

So I'm talking to two women on the cruise ship

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Sep 29, 2019.

1. I was wondering what others would do in this situation. Interested in some input. If this thread goes "sideways", I'll just delete it.

K, so on one of the nights during my recent cruise, I was in a lounge talking to a lady who is very nice. Another lady came along to join us and basically hogged the conversation. (All three of us met on the cruise, not known to each other before this cruise).

I tried to ask the nice lady questions which she'd answer but the other lady kept bringing the conversation back to her and would talk and talk and talk until I'd slip in and get the other woman back into talking. But then soon the lady would bring the talk back to her.

I really wanted to tell this over talking woman to leave. I just wanted to talk to the nice lady that knew how to talk and listen and hold a real conversation, not just talk incessantly. But I didn't want to be rude to the over talker.

The nice lady eventually got up and left and I wasn't able to get any contact information from her. I would have liked to have known how to shut down this over talking lady without being rude.

Anyone with any thoughts?

(Oh and both women are single. I'm not chasing after married women)

2. haha, my girlfriend is a real talker and used to do this all the time. At first I didn't know what the hell to do but eventually I started calling her out on it. She actually respected it and our conversations became more balanced. I don't know if a stranger would be as understanding but I think a certain bluntness is warranted when people are that tone deaf to listening. I for one don't enjoy being verbally waterboarded lmao

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Get_It

Get_It Fapstronaut

I would have slipped in a private conversation to the one I was interested in if she would like to get together for drinks away from that other idiot lady.

4. Thanks everyone for your inputs.