1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

So long alone, I kinda got used to that...

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Lolek31, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Lolek31

Lolek31 New Fapstronaut

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place, or if anybody will actually read it. I just really felt like writing what I feel. I have never shared that with anybody ... there's just no one I could talk about that.

Today morning was one of these days when you wake up and you are just sad. No particular reason.
    On one hand I have quite a good life. But, on the other I kind of feel sad all the time. I do not think it's depression-like sad. I have just managed to suppress the emotions. For so long I have felt lonely, that just learning to live with the feeling seemed the best way.

In my 31 years long life I had one girlfriend. We were together for 3 years, 2 years we lived together ... but, technically, we had never had sex ...
    You may wonder how come we lived together for 2 years without sex. We did have what I'd call "advanced petting". We even tried to have penetration. We were both virgins and she claimed it hurts her too much. I suggested going to a doctor, her reaction was more-less: "Let me just get totally drunk and then just fuck me, best after I'll fall asleep". I found that offensive and extremely sad...
    She generally didn't have a strong sexual drive. Within 3 years of the relationship we had 2 periods of 3 months without "petting". Periods of 2-3 weeks were quite usual. On the other hand, during first few months we did the "petting" 3-20 times a week.
    We broke up over 7 years ago. Since then I haven't even kissed anybody (I had 2 situations when I pushed girls trying to kiss me, since it just wasn't the right thing to do at the time - they were just depressed, I talked to them instead and after all they thanked me...).
    That makes me 31-old-virgin with creepy and sad sexual experience, not even being sure if sex can actually be satisfying ...

At the same time, I find my story a bit different/weird/specific ...
    I am well educated. Lived and worked in 6 different countries, currently leaving abroad. I have a very good job with salary between 300-500% of average salary of the country I live in. I am independent from my parents, have a car, live alone. I have very original hobby (extreme sport; I'd prefer not to tell what it is, since it is rare enough that combined with info that I live abroad could actually reveal my identity). I do know a lot o people. I go to parties. I organize going out and volunteering events.
    The problem is that, although I know a lot of people, I am not close with any of them. We just meet, have diner/party/bowling/camping together and that's all. 90% of the going-outs I participate, are organized by me. Only to 10% I am invited. Because of that, mainly people I know and I approach participate in the gatherings. That means I don't meet many new people.
    Another problem is that I am not too good in "chit chat", but I can have deep discussion about many topics. Often, it seems like people who are initially interested in conversation, become bored because of me. I keep trying to improve this part, but I do not know how to do this in a way that would still be interesting for me.
    Even if I meet new girls, most often it goes like this: if the conversation goes well, in 80-90% of situations she is already in relationship (I think they are willing to talk, because they don't even take me into consideration as their partner, because being already with someone). In other cases the conversation just doesn't go well at all.

According to my "statistics", for last 3 years I managed to ask 3 girls/year out. 1 of the 3 agreed on a date. Within last 3 years I've only had 1 second date.

I do go out. I do talk to people. I am independent... But I still cannot find a girlfriend. And it has been like this for many years.
    That made me masturbate. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Recently, I have actually decreased the frequency, because masturbation doesn't even make me feel good anymore. It is more like doing something out of boredom, rarely of sexual excitement. Even if there is some sexual excitement, orgasm just helps me get rid of it, but doesn't cause any positive feelings.

Within last few years I have improved many things in my life. It is hard to believe that stopping masturbating might change much, but I would like to give it a try...

mgz069 and Bonhart like this.
  2. YAJ

YAJ Fapstronaut

Try it! Good luck!

3. Bonhart

Bonhart Fapstronaut

Hey man, I can relate with you in some aspects. If you need someone to talk to, I'm always up for it. Let me give you my opinion on some things that caught my eye while reading...

I don't find your sexual experience creepy or sad, and, sex is amazing when done with the right person. Also, that right person will be supportive when you have the chance to have a potentially succesful penetrative intercourse. To that person, it will not matter if you are a virgin. Being a virgin is not bad unless you start to feel shame about it.

Dude, I also suck at small talk. In my case, with the girls that I have been succesful with (not many), I managed to keep the conversation going because we shared a lot of common ground, and some of them actually talked a lot and since I enjoy listening, it suited me. However, to find that common ground, you need to do small talk.

I know it is hard asking a girl out, but, if you want to get some results, you should increase the number of women you ask out.

I encourage you to do so. So far, I have been free of PMO for 42 days, and I actually feel better with myself. I appreciate a lot of things and people that I took for granted before. I feel with more energy also. The are however, certain issues that I have to deal with, but I feel I am improving.

Like I said above, I am willing to talk.

From what I've read, you are a succesful man professionally and academically, let those facts be the foundation to your confidence when approaching women. You have a lot to bring to the table. Wish you the best on this journey, man.

Lolek31 likes this.
  4. mgz069

mgz069 Fapstronaut

@Lolek31
    You seem like a very well rounded guy to me. And very self conscious too!
    I am kinda in a similar situation myself.
    Its not bad to go talk to a counselor/psychologist. Don't assume that you must be crazy to do that, crazy people are not aware of their actions and problems.
    Read this book "Models: Attract Women Through Honesty" it will give you a totally different perspective on women.

It's very easy to fall into the "whats wrong with me" trap. In fact, myself and a few friends of mine ask the same thing themselves. And they are good looking, chiseled fitness bodies, enough money and living good life, yet suck at the "girlfriend" front.

I consider myself above average looks, educated aswell and easy to talk to.
    The only paradox is I notice is that whenever I truly care for a girl, I screw it up. If I don't give a shit about a girl, she's into me. It's a mess.

At the moment, I met a girl 2 months ago through some friends. I only saw her a couple of minutes and then she had to take off. Since then, I've been trying to set up a meeting through her friend. It was not possible so a few days back I decided to find her through Facebook (even though I hate meeting people from Facebook!! I had no other choice).
    Anyway we talked a bit in the last 2 days but nothing significant. At the moment, I send her a message last night and she hasn't replied yet. It truly hurts. I can totally relate to what you are feeling.

But you know what bothers me the most? Not that she may drop me off.. That its been 2 years since I saw a girl that actually liked! It's very rare for me to find a girl to impress me! If she says no, who knows when Im gonna find another girl to impress me as much as she did.

5. Get tinder and go on dates

Zolo22 likes this.