1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

So what am I doing?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Happy thoughts, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Find a hobby and MASTER it!

CowardlyLion likes this.
  2. Happy thoughts

Happy thoughts Fapstronaut

I'm at the end of my line, I relapsed again, I'm weak, I don't deserve to live, I just want to die, I had my chance and missed it, there is no point, no light at the end of the tunnel... I can't keep doing this, I'm done. I could use some advice because I feel awful

3. Happy thoughts

So I went to the councilor and she was very empathetic, she was very nice and listened to me well. I think things are getting better ^_^

CowardlyLion and pira3 like this.
  4. pira3

pira3 Fapstronaut

Hey Happy Thoughts, I don't think this chance is the last.
    In the last 7 days, I relapsed 4 consecutive times. This shit happens sometimes, don't judge yourself so much. And you're younger, I think it's even harder to hold and not relapse then in my age.

5. pira3

pira3 Fapstronaut

oh shit, I was sending and you posted right before me. You're going to have periodical talks? How this gonna work?
    That's really nice to know, congratulations!

6. Hey Happy Thoughts,
    I can relate te some things of your story, its getting better now but I also still need to improve my life in many areas..
    What helped me a lot was some inspiration I got from a youtuber named Infinite Waters...
    Just thought I share this one... maybe its not your cup of tea, but no harm is done by sharing this I guess..

All the best!!!

7. CowardlyLion

CowardlyLion Fapstronaut

Awesome man! I'm SO proud of you! Good job buddy!

8. Happy thoughts

Um... I'm so sorry guys... I wrote that without thinking about it too much. I have still been thinking about suicide and I'm very scared. I missed my hockey tryouts, I relapsed under the pressure, and I can't focus on my homework. I have been losing sleep for a couple days now and I couldn't fall asleep last night. I just stayed up and read. I'm very stressed right now and I feel like I'm being crush under the weight of everything right now. My suicidal thoughts have been increasing lately and I'm scared of a future where I just live in this emotional pain for the rest of my life. I'm sorry for the rushed response. I will meet with her tomorrow... I didn't tell her about my suicidal thoughts. She would have had to tell my parents if I had. I really need some advice.

9. pira3

pira3 Fapstronaut

Happy Thoughts, no need to apologize, don`t worry. You gonna see her tomorrow, and this is great. This is the oportunity for you to minimize part of this weight and to open a door to understand more about all this, remember that. Considering your actual status, this meeting is VERY important and you should guarantee your presence there.

Across all this posts, for some reason you don`t want your parents to know about your suicidal thoughts. Are you scared of them? They didn`t support you?

10. CowardlyLion

CowardlyLion Fapstronaut

No need to apologize friend. I know that just because you took the step forward, things didn't just get better. I'm just proud of you for taking that step. Also, it's okay to tell her about your suicidal thoughts. There's nothing wrong with having them. You could ask her not to tell your parents until you're ready to tell them yourself, but that you need help with them. The most important thing is to get the help for yourself.

11. Happy thoughts

Unfortunately, if I tell her about my suicidal thoughts, she is legally obligated to tell my parents. I don't want my parents to know, firstly, they don't believe I have depression, the second reason is that they have repeatedly threatened me with moving away to a different town if I embarrass the family, the last time I tried talking about this stuff they yelled at me for talking to other people about the "mushy gushy" stuff and that I'm not going to some "shrink" (therapist )

12. pira3

pira3 Fapstronaut

Now we finally know the major problem around your depression, anxiety and PMO relapses. Your parents aren't prepared for that. You could talk about this issue to the councilor and hear that she has to say about it. I bet she see this kind of family constantly. Actually, I know people who have depression+anxiety, her parents have psychological issues and they don't believe they are sick too. It is not easy to deal with.
    Some posts ago, I thought your mother had some kind of understanding about depression. You said she was thinking about taking you to psychologist. She changed her mind?

13. Happy thoughts

Yea she decided that it was a bad idea and that nothing was wrong with me

14. CowardlyLion

CowardlyLion Fapstronaut

Are you in the US? And how old are you, if you don't mind me asking?
    Having a psychological background myself (both having mental illness AND studying it for my undergrad) I'm going to echo Pira here. Mental illness is exactly that. It's an ILLNESS. It can be hereditary, just like a blood disease, or anything else you can pass on. I'm also a teacher, and I see all the time parents who don't want their children evaluated, because of what we call a "stigma". This means that there's this bad idea about something, usually one that is incorrect or misunderstood, and just because of that idea people don't want to be associated with that.
    Nothing you could do in this situation is "embarrassing". Would you consider someone who needed open heart surgery to be an "embarrassment" to their family? They are just trying to survive. Just like you. It is NOT YOUR FAULT. You have done absolutely nothing wrong. Honestly, at this point, I wouldn't even worry about the PMO stuff. For your age, it's really great that you are concerned about it, but you need to fix the other things before you can work on that. I believe in you, I know you can do it. I've been there. And eventually you will be free. But I just need you to hold a little longer.
    I would also let the school counselor know your parent's opinion about mental illness. They may just need some education on the subject. People are afraid of things they don't understand. We are here for you, don't give up, ok? I'm going to look into some resources that may be able to help you.

15. Happy thoughts

I'm 15 and I'm in the us, the school councilor didn't call me up today for some reason, I had a bad day... I was kicked out of my lunch table by vote. Same with my gym group yesterday actually. I've decided that hanging myself is a better option than sleeping pills. I've been searching up the specifics on what to do and how to do it. I'm not feeling too great guys. I just don't know if I can keep this up but I could still use the guidance
    Edit: I have been having bad thoughts today, and I'm considering going to PMO just to get away from them for a while. Is it a bad idea or good?

16. CowardlyLion

CowardlyLion Fapstronaut

What do you mean by "voted out"? As in the other kids didn't want you with them? Bullies are crap, but I know from personal experience they always get theirs in the end. I have seen people who bullied me in middle school living miserable lives 10 years later. People who bully often have their own troubles they don't know how to deal with.
    You need to talk with someone who can help you. You need to tell someone you really trust or respect exactly what you are feeling. Asking for help is the hardest part, but I KNOW you can do it.

17. CowardlyLion

CowardlyLion Fapstronaut

It's not a bad idea nor a good one in this case. The thing that matter's most to me right now is you well-being. Do something nice to distract yourself. Something that makes you feel joy. I'm looking into a few things that might help.

18. CowardlyLion

CowardlyLion Fapstronaut

19. pira3

pira3 Fapstronaut

You are younger than I thought. This age is hard for everyone, each one with your particular challenges and difficulties. I garantee you, Your mind gonna change so many times in the following years, just give some chance to your older ages.
    It's how CowardlyLion said, hold yourself into something that works for you somehow and distracts you.

If the councilor didn't call you today, wait for tomorrow and contact her. Don't look at this like a bad sign; unexpected events and schedules changes with no reason sometimes, things like this happens all the time. If you feel a deep anguish and see no options avaible, try the sites Lion posted here, or come here and talk to us. We can always read what you have to say.

20. pira3

pira3 Fapstronaut

Hey Happy Thoughts, how you're doing man? Tell to us how you're status this days.